DIY Door Storage Compartment lights

the honda kit is tied to the headlights so youre right, its not a limitation that bothers me very much though

DIY has been updated. Added a new wiring diagram. AlienPrime and I realized that the OEM switch diagram that we got from another Honda site was incorrect for our switch.
So, this DIY is ready to go. I will be installing the button and doing all the wiring this weekend. Will post pics as soon as finished. :thumb:

Ya, I fixed the DIY. I must have switched it with the hazard light one when I was checking all the bulbs. :pat:
multiplefacepalm.jpg

How difficult is it to solder the wires to the 5 pin switch? I have done simple soldering of two wires but it seems like a very small area... If easy enough... Im buying parts tonight!!!

Yikes, do you have lots of soldering experience? Looks really hard.
I might have an extra green plug. PM me and maybe we can work something out.

How difficult is it to solder the wires to the 5 pin switch? I have done simple soldering of two wires but it seems like a very small area... If easy enough... Im buying parts tonight!!!
It just takes patience...and you'll have to bend the pins out of the way of each other to solder, then bend them back and insulate them.

Not hard, just takes a long time. It helps if you use something to hold the switch and the wires in place as you solder.

Personally I just use double face tape stuck to a table to hold everything firm as I soldered, and it worked out good

Yikes, do you have lots of soldering experience? Looks really hard.
I might have an extra green plug. PM me and maybe we can work something out.
Well I might just try and get one from the salvage yard like previously stated. Would they charge me? Also would you just recommend led strips if I waned to do lights by pedals and under glovebox as well?

Well I might just try and get one from the salvage yard like previously stated. Would they charge me? Also would you just recommend led strips if I waned to do lights by pedals and under glovebox as well?
strips look great and are easy, I actually have my strips wired to the oem switch, works out great

Ya, check the salvage yard. No, they wouldn't charge you for something so small. They might charge you a couple bucks to look around. The green plugs that I found were located in the middle of the dash area for old Hondas.

Ya, led strips are awesome and inexpensive. No need to spend big bucks on ambient lighting kits.

Back