DIY Door Storage Compartment lights

Ya, check the salvage yard. No, they wouldn't charge you for something so small. They might charge you a couple bucks to look around. The green plugs that I found were located in the middle of the dash area for old Hondas.

Ya, led strips are awesome and inexpensive. No need to spend big bucks on ambient lighting kits.
I just went to a few salvage yards today and couldnt seem to find a plug. Can you be more specific to what years may have it and should I look behind radio and ac controls?

Just updating this DIY. A few people have asked me what the green plug looks like that works with the OEM switch button. These are unavailable to buy separately so I suggested going to the wreckers. Here's what they look like. *Note: if you find a similar one, except with 7 wires you can still use it. Just carefully cut the extra size off. I used a hack saw.

Keep your eyes open for green plugs. They can be anywhere in the dash of older Hondas, but pay particular attention near the heater / stereo location of the dash.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Amazing pauly! Still super jealous of your door compartment lights! I am kinda regretting my speaker lights now.. rattles a little when i turn the music up loud :(

Amazing pauly! Still super jealous of your door compartment lights! I am kinda regretting my speaker lights now.. rattles a little when i turn the music up loud :(
is it the cable or the light strip?

Link to the lights you used for the door speakers?

I want to install LED strips under the dash and wire it up with an accessory button that connects to the accessory fuse. Any idea where to get the adapter that plugs into the accessory fuse and an accessory light button? I dont want to mess with splicing or anything

I want to install LED strips under the dash and wire it up with an accessory button that connects to the accessory fuse. Any idea where to get the adapter that plugs into the accessory fuse and an accessory light button? I dont want to mess with splicing or anything
Take a look at this thread for the accessory switch
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/diy-honda-5-pin-magic-switch.6478/
As for the adapter for the fuse, it's called an Add-A-Circuit adapter, like this
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002BGELQ/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_1Vc1tb1F1NQN0

Back