Dragon Spring Mini meet

Is there camping on 28 by the bottom of the dam? I know I've seen campers there but I can't remember if I've seen tents. Also, I haven't looked into what you gotta do to camp up there, fees etc. If I do go up Friday or Saturday then I'll be camping. Hotels too expensive...unless someone wants to split a room at the Tuskegee. $30 per person a night :woot:

That camping you mentioned is the Fontana Lodge camping area. I believe it is $25-30 a night but not entirely sure if it is per tent or person and if in season or not.

Me you and tony could get a room....wouldn't be too bad on price.

Im debating head up there after work on Sat 8pm n get there midnight then camping/sleeping in my car or leave early on Sun like 3am then napping/sleeping in my car till everybody show up...

I know, it's short notice so I doubt it would happen, plus that money is going into new tires soon.
Speaking of tires. I still have to get mine mounted on the new wheels. Sucks that I had to order from two companies, but tire rack was backordered till the end of April.

I will probably be bringing my younger son. Definitely heading up Saturday.
Anyone else getting a room for sat night? If so where? Fontana $122 or the microtel $63 in Robbisville?

Nice to see you around. Are you guys up for the mini meet?
We are not coming. We have 2 recently acquired used cars. I haven't had a chance to go completely through them. I can tell from driving them that the chassis are not 100% on either car. That means to me, that they are not Dragon compliant. I hope you have nice weather and that the roads are good. Be safe and have a good time!

We are not coming. We have 2 recently acquired used cars. I haven't had a chance to go completely through them. I can tell from driving them that the chassis are not 100% on either car. That means to me, that they are not Dragon compliant. I hope you have nice weather and that the roads are good. Be safe and have a good time!
Completely understandable.

You and Jill can just ride along with me in Septemberlol
Neither one of us are good riders....that's why we always bring separate cars! One time I was riding on the Dragon with Jill in her MINI. She started messing around with her shirt with one hand while we were coming into a series of curves. I'm freakin' like "WTF are you doing! Get both hands on the steering wheel!" She's like "Chill out...I'm just adjusting my bra strap" I think that was the last time that I rode with her on the Dragon!

Neither one of us are good riders....that's why we always bring separate cars! One time I was riding on the Dragon with Jill in her MINI. She started messing around with her shirt with one hand while we were coming into a series of curves. I'm freakin' like "WTF are you doing! Get both hands on the steering wheel!" She's like "Chill out...I'm just adjusting my bra strap" I think that was the last time that I rode with her on the Dragon!

Oh my. I'm not a good passenger either.

Back