Dragon Spring Mini meet

Clutch is ordered. I am going to do it myself as I have another vehicle to drive while it is out of commission.
I will have to say the weather and roads were perfect. Except for the occasional cruiser.

Good deal, Rich.

Either way, if the culprit was the throw out bearing or a thrown/potruding disc spring, you've covered both bases with the new clutch kit (Cpt. Obvious, I know.)
I've experienced the same symptoms, which I why I am leaning towards the disc spring(s).

Curious, what'dya end up getting?

I've already contacted Killboy to confirm the plate number. Afterwards, I'll be contacting the local PD to file a report :) ... Not too worried about suing, though it would be cool if the perpetraitor covered my deductible, but @ $250, its probably not worth pursuing. I mean, look at what he was driving! Logic tells me the dude's broke as a joke anyhow.

You can't put a price on the annoyance you cause another human being Mike. :thumbsup:

We were sharing a Porsche? :scratches:

Good deal, Rich.

Either way, if the culprit was the throw out bearing or a thrown/potruding disc spring, you've covered both bases with the new clutch kit (Cpt. Obvious, I know.)
I've experienced the same symptoms, which I why I am leaning towards the disc spring(s).

Curious, what'dya end up getting?
I just went with the stock replacement exedy.

I'm still surprised at how long your stock clutch lasted! I honestly don't expect mine to make it to 100,000 but maybe it will

I'm still surprised at how long your stock clutch lasted! I honestly don't expect mine to make it to 100,000 but maybe it will
Me too. You can't drive much worse than I do, but I do have a lot of highway miles.

Me too. You can't drive much worse than I do, but I do have a lot of highway miles.

I'm not sure, we'll see what happens with mine. I haven't exactly taken it easy on my car...5 trips to the dragon, a few 1/4 mile runs at IFO, plus daily beating. I went through the stock tires in 20,000 (seems fast to me, although there's probably someone out there that has me beat :ohsnap:)

Spoke with the Blount County Sheriff today. He took the plate number of the vehicle and my statement - Tells me he will look into the owner's previous offenses, if any, and get back to me.

I half-way have my fingers crossed that they at least discourage the individual from doing something similar in the future. Don't think I can expect much more, TBH.

While it's nowhere near as technical as the Dragon....who wants to tackle this one?

Norwegian Atlantic Road
The road is built on several small islands and reefs, and is crossed by eight bridges, several roads and overpasses. This road has a view of the open sea, which is rare on the roads along the Norwegian coast. You can see fjords and mountains near the road.
The spectacular road quickly became a tourist attraction, insofar that precautions should be displayed while driving, because of the attendance of the road by the local population and visitors.
Imagine you are driving.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/4T4vc1QqiPM?feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
Back