Enkei RPF1?

you have a pretty nice setup there , how's the ride with enkei 17x9 +35 with 215/40/17 ? is the tire a bit small than it should ?

a 215 on a 9 is too small. people might tell you otherwise, but i would not run that on a 9. run a 235/40.

and for your other question here's inner clearance for a x8 +35. the rears have plenty of room, but i forgot to take a picture of the fronts. there are people on here running x9 +35et with 235/40s, so i'm pretty sure you can run that 17x8.5 +35 setup with no issues
rears -
innerrear.jpg

Im slightly drunken and didn't read everyones responces in this but factory tires would be great on an 8 inch wide wheel. For a 7 inch wide wheel 205 wide is ideal. With a 9 inch wide you will get into some crazy stretch but 215 is made for a 7.5 to 8 inch wide wheel

Im slightly drunken and didn't read everyones responces in this but factory tires would be great on an 8 inch wide wheel. For a 7 inch wide wheel 205 wide is ideal. With a 9 inch wide you will get into some crazy stretch but 215 is made for a 7.5 to 8 inch wide wheel
because my car is daily driven about 30-50 miles every day , i want to make sure that i have a good looking car with a good performance , i want my car low by an inch ,i want either x8 or x9 ,the thing is im not really sure is will it touch the well with the tire im going to use . so i really am confused , coz its about money and my car .

The section width on a 225 tires is 9.2" according to tire rack. I actually called and asked them about fitting a 225 on a 9" wide and they said it would not be a problem.

235/40 may give you more sidewall clearance than the 225/45. Safe Gabe You are currently running 235/40 tires on your civic without fender work?

The rears certainly fit, I know a few people who ran wide tires had to run a minimal spacer to clear the fronts. Like 3mm which will work with stock studs.

Ideally if the space was there a 235 but if you don't want to run stretch and have limited clearance the 225 should work. Very minimal stretch if any. Also since you are only going to be dropped an inch, you should not have any issues rubbing.

The section width on a 225 tires is 9.2" according to tire rack. I actually called and asked them about fitting a 225 on a 9" wide and they said it would not be a problem.

235/40 may give you more sidewall clearance than the 225/45. Safe Gabe You are currently running 235/40 tires on your civic without fender work?

The rears certainly fit, I know a few people who ran wide tires had to run a minimal spacer to clear the fronts. Like 3mm which will work with stock studs.

Ideally if the space was there a 235 but if you don't want to run stretch and have limited clearance the 225 should work. Very minimal stretch if any. Also since you are only going to be dropped an inch, you should not have any issues rubbing.

i have yet to order my tires. i mounted on a friends 235/45's on a 17x8 +45, and there was BARELY enough clearance. just based on measuring, mounting, and guestimating, the 235/40 SHOULD work. i will find out when my tires come in.

and yes, a 215/35 will be great for a x8. a friend of mine runs 17x8 rear and 17x9 fronts for his track setup has the 215 in the rear as anything larger takes too long to heat up. i'll be running 235 up front and 215 in the rear as well

for performance keep the factory offset or close to it. 17x8 +45 offeset (factory is +48 i believe on LX) on 225/45 should yield great performance and "drivability" meaning pot hold and speed bumps wont be so bad. im assuming its a daily driver so that counts.
as for dropping H&R springs (1.8" front 1.4" rear) i think provide what you're looking for

Wheels should be under $1k TireRack
springs $235 wesellcarparts
tires are up to you 225/45 is a rather popular size so finding cheap good tires shouldnt be a problem

good luck!! aaronMusngi

The RPF-1 is a great wheel but the look of the wheel is significantly different in the 9" wide size. Most pics of this wheel that "look good" are the x9. It changed the spokes to the concave instead of convex appearance. I don't think this particular wheel looks good if you aren't going to go for the 17x9.

As far as fitment... the +35 is pretty safe depending on how low you go and how wide of a tire you run.
Stretched tires is a whole 'nother can of worms.

This is how the wheel looks in any width up to 8.5" Also this particular wheel looks smaller in a given size due to the spokes not extending all the way out. The "lip" causes a shortened appearance.
17x7.5
picture.php

Here is a 9thgen with: rpf1 in 17x9 +35 wrapped in 215/40/17 continental conti contact

b8rbci.png
I want to get rpf1s for my 2013 civic sedan but dont know what specs to go with all i know is i want 18s so it could cover my wheel gap cuz im lowered on h&r springs! Im unsure how wide to go and what offset to go with but i wnt it to look like this 2012 si in the picture but with 18s

Hi everyone. I'd like to get 17x8 45 offset rpf1's only because from what I understand 17x7 offset 45 will not clear a big brake kit... what would you guys suggest for tire size without doing any tire stretching... even offset... what would I be normal with.. I don't want anything crazy. I would be going from stock to... I'd like close to stock because I don't want to start modding with spacers and what not to make tires fit... thanks for any input

Hi everyone. I'd like to get 17x8 45 offset rpf1's only because from what I understand 17x7 offset 45 will not clear a big brake kit... what would you guys suggest for tire size without doing any tire stretching... even offset... what would I be normal with.. I don't want anything crazy. I would be going from stock to... I'd like close to stock because I don't want to start modding with spacers and what not to make tires fit... thanks for any input
I have the exact specs on my setup. For tires I went with 235-40-17

I'll echo the 235/40/17's. I ran that on my car (with a +35et). Looked like this:
13960910913_81a08128d7_b.jpg

The 2012 si ran a 7" wide wheel. For comparison it had 215/45-17 from the factory.

8" is 203mm wide

215/45-17
225/40-17
225/45-17
235/40-17

^ would all keep the speedometer about + or - about ~1mph or less off from stock speedo reading at 65mph.

I thank you kindly to all those who took time to answer and repeat. So what you've said and the others Web I should be safe with no stretching... just a wider tire? I'm guessing with the 235/40-17 being the biggest tire set up?

I want the tire to fit normally.. no modding of fenders or camber adjustments... I just want the tire to fit nicely with no headaches and at 1 point a very slight drop. This way I could when needed put a big break kit have it slightly lowered and still be ok.. just more improved.

My vote is for 225/45/17
Nothing wrong with 235/40 but it is slightly undersized from stock and lower profile sidewall

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back