Is the reflash a good choice for me? Right now all I have is the full-race catless dp and exhaust system and I plan on getting the skunk2 composite cai as soon as possible.

If you are going to stop there with engine mods or it will be quite a while before you do anything else, it would be time to get a tune. If you have more plans in the near future, running the reflash until you have all your engine mods on would be fine.

How do I install it? Does the car need tuned after install?

I think I may have misunderstood. For clarification, are you talking about just the Reflash or buying FlashPro and using the Reflash calibration?

Can I get by without the flaspro with just the setup I have now? I don't have an intake yet but I plan on getting one tomorrow.

Can I get by without the flaspro with just the setup I have now? I don't have an intake yet but I plan on getting one tomorrow.

You can, but it is not advisable if you want to get the most out of your mods and not have your car possibly running horribly. Also, if you go with a 3.5" intake (highly recommended), you will need FlashPro and a tune.

I had the Full-Race downpipe and exhaust and my car sounded like crap. It was essentially choking for more air. This was even with using the Reflash calibration in FlashPro.

Wow so I have to spent $695 for a flashpro just to run an intake and exhaust?

You don't have to per se, but you definitely won't be reaping the full benefits of the parts. When you open up all of the air flow restriction with an intake, downpipe, and exhaust, the stock ecu will try to combat it it and change your AF ratios negating most of the benefits of those parts. If you get a 3.5" intake, the stock ecu will not like it.

Also, buy a used FlashPro and save some money:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/hondata-flashpro.9324/

Ok well I was going to get the dp put on this morning. The exhaust is already on I couldn't afford the dp ans exhaust at the same time I just got the dp Tuesday. Can I install the dp without the reflash or flashpro?

Ok well I was going to get the dp put on this morning. The exhaust is already on I couldn't afford the dp ans exhaust at the same time I just got the dp Tuesday. Can I install the dp without the reflash or flashpro?
Yes you can, but like squiggy said, make flashpro your next priority or else all that money you spent on mods wont be worth it because you wont be using them to their full potential.

So, if I wanted just a drop in K&N filter or cai and no other mods would just the reflash make sense? Thanks.

So, if I wanted just a drop in K&N filter or cai and no other mods would just the reflash make sense? Thanks.

Yes. However if you buy a downpipe and a good CAI then getting it dyno tuned with FP will yield you MUCH better results......even with a stock cat-back.

I bought a flashpro last night and I can't wait till it comes in next week. I'm going to order an ultimate tune from VitTuned.com for only $169 for all motor which includes bolt-ons like exhaust, dp, and cai or drop in filter. Wish I would have done a little more research before I started adding mods to my brand new Si sedan but thanks to all the staff and "active" members of this forum I've learned a lot about the 9th gen. I've always owned and tuned Honda's as you can see from my 7th but going from a 2000 to a 2013 is a big jump in technology. Pretty much if you mod your engine at all you need flashpro. Like it has been stated before in older thread, the reflash is a waste of money because if your anything like most people who like moding your ride you aren't going to just stop with a simple drop in filter. Do it right and look into getting Flashpro before messing with your engine.

Reactions: 323
Plus you can resell the flashpro if you get rid of the car at some point. They don't lose much value at all. The reflash cannot be sold to someone else.

there are/were 2 here for 550/575 in the last week or two

would a full tune with just an axle back and a homemade cone filter intake be worth it?

not too concerned with power but would like a more drivable car....

Back