Full-Race 2012 Civic Turbo

Hope it is ok to use the pic but is that the oil filter spot at the bottom middle of the pic? If so, is it there on all K24 blocks or is that something special since the piping is where the normal K20 oil filter goes.

honda-9th-gen-civic-si-k-series-turbo-kit-2012-content-5.jpg

^^thanks webby! to let everyone know the Full-Race 2012 Civic kit is finished with prototype development. Some sneak-peeks photos and basic info here: Full-Race Turbokit for 9th gen Civic Si

honda-9th-gen-civic-si-k-series-turbo-kit-2012-content-14.jpg

We plan to begin production on the kits Q1 of 2012 (jan/feb timeframe). Any questions post up here and ill try to answer them. PLEASE BE PATIENT as Full-Race will be away attending SEMA so it might take a few days for me to follow up with threads. thanks

-geoff

PS: the wheels are not my first choice either - but when you only have 6 weeks to build a car you gotta run what's available, and this worked and will draw huge attn at SEMA. The truth is this is only the very *beginning* of this car's life... theres a LOT more tuning and changes that will be made over the next few months! Im a big fan of 18" rims btw.. we will be sure to keep everyone updated
Thanks for the Update Geoff! :wavey:

Hope it is ok to use the pic but is that the oil filter spot at the bottom middle of the pic? If so, is it there on all K24 blocks or is that something special since the piping is where the normal K20 oil filter goes.

yes all of the 09+ K24 engines have the oil filter in this location

Thats a nice turbo kit, but I prefer high revving NA engine over boosted one. Turbo sounds ****.

maybe you should find a different car then.. this car is not going to be good for NA power, honda built the motor for boost IMO.
I assume that since you like the sound of N/A more thats only becuase youve never been near a Full-Race equipped car

All turbo K20/4's sound much nicer than their high revving, raspy, farty counterparts.. IMO.

The oil filter location is really nice.. getting close to being as convenient as my S52 :giggle:

yes all of the 09+ K24 engines have the oil filter in this location

maybe you should find a different car then.. this car is not going to be good for NA power, honda built the motor for boost IMO.
I assume that since you like the sound of N/A more thats only becuase youve never been near a Full-Race equipped car

That wasnt my point. Turbos are good but no always.
I would rather prefer a S2k engine Civic than a lagging turbo. I've heard many Spoon engines pushing out 250hp+ from 2.0L and they sound great.
Full spec race car arent road legal so it doest matter how they sound.

The previous oil location did suck. Previous crv generation wasn't great either

I'm guessing you mean this:

Quite the contrary to what people are saying about the new K24Z7 and its integral exhaust manifold limiting power, Geoff Raicer of Full Race has found that it is ideal for turbo builds. It would almost seem that the genius of Honda is that while the exhaust manifold was designed to help lower emissions, it also is perfect to work in conjunction with a turbo. Turbocharging is the future. Virtually ever automobile company is producing turbocharged engines to reduce fuel consumption, increase power and reduce weight.

do you know if the fuel pump is the same between 8ths and 9ths? I have a walbro sitting at my house bnib and I'd like to not have to wait til a new one comes out for the 9th. Also, are 1000cc injectors needed for a build like this...I would prefer the 725cc injectors since I hear people have less issues with them in terms of drive-ability, etc.

I shot Geoff a message to comment on the specifics. He was the one from full-race who worked on the build, so it's probably best if he chimes in

Back