Full-Race 2012 Civic Turbo

This is towards Geoff:

How does the motor like the single port exhaust ?

I've been trying to find a company to design me an R18 head with a 4 port exhaust. One company had a couple trial and errors and said they'd venture in further once I had my car up and running to be able to run test

he's happy with it -

Quite the contrary to what people are saying about the new K24Z7 and its integral exhaust manifold limiting power, Geoff Raicer of Full Race has found that it is ideal for turbo builds. It would almost seem that the genius of Honda is that while the exhaust manifold was designed to help lower emissions, it also is perfect to work in conjunction with a turbo. Turbocharging is the future. Virtually ever automobile company is producing turbocharged engines to reduce fuel consumption, increase power and reduce weight.

read this thread
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/full-race-2012-civic-turbo.3341/

My question is what is the Flow limit on the stock built in header for the K24Z7?

For the R18 it was equal in flow to about 450~ whp which is my limiting factor along with POS Hondata MAF tuning, SPEED DENSITY PLEASE.

attempting a port and polish with 4 Piston Racing and see what the new flow limit will be.

Full-Race's 9th Gen K-Series Turbo Kit can support power levels from an ultra responsive 300whp to a 700+whp monster.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxtpt8GSiMk

This is a 17psi dyno sweep of the popular Bisimoto 2012, 9th generation civic, tuned on VP E85R using an AEM EMS, level 2.4 camshaft, custom Turbonetics 72mm turbo, custom intercooler, all attached to a fully built K24z7 powerplant. At this boost level 602whp was achieved, dutring this test of a new product from Bisimoto.

no problem, I am happy to help answer any questions - more than likely there are other people who have the same exact question.. so by posting this online it can help everybody

question 1) does the borg warner turbo come standard with the kit on your site? If so, which one?

answer: Full-Race's 2012+ civic Si turbo kit allows the user to have the option of any T3 EFR turbo, they all fit: 7064, 7670, 8374 and 9180 (the monster). Full-Race turbokits have always been designed to be versatile and allow easy changes to a bigger or smaller turbo. IE: the same turbo kit can support whatever HP the turbo size dictates.

I suggest the 7064 for stock engines. For street/strip setup and lightly built motors the 7670 is a great choice. For built motors looking for huge power, the EFR 8374 is a great option and for dedicated drag racers the EFR 9180 is the call

question 2) Do we need to get a check valve on the evap for the k24's

answer: the check valve on this solenoid is a good idea during the install. these are easy to find at any autoparts store and aquarium stores have these also. Many people do not have a check valve here however and ive yet to hear of any problems, although I agree it is a good idea and costs about $2.00

question 3) Is the stock map sensor sufficient

answer: the stock map sensor can read up to 11psi. However above 11psi and it will not cut it. Hondata's Flashpro will usher in the ability to use their 4bar map sensor and go up to 45psi boost.

WHAT about a 716? Turbo HAHAHAHAH What up Geoff It's Royce we did the testing of the EFR on My 2007 STI, We just picked up a 2012 CIVIC SI for the wife and cant wait to get one of your kits eventually! Still deciding between supercharger and turbo but IDK the way the efr kit felt on my sti was second to none! Felt like Vf series throttle response with 35R power I loved It. Lets throw it on the civic HAHA.

I have always heard good things about Full Race, My buddy swears by them.

Is there a ballpark cost for this kit yet?

I'm debating a new car between the Speed 3 and the 12+ Si, of all the cars i've had, the 06 Si i had was the most fun to drive.

Get the Speed 3, I test drove one a while back after I already bought my Si. If I could do it all over again, I would of went that route..

I believe the kit was high 4k range. Like just under 5k, but I see they removed the pricing, so maybe things are changing.

I'm hoping that with the early life crisis that the Civic is having that there won't be a major engine redesign for 2013, but then again i'll see what is released by honda in about two months.

I would be interested to know if the 2013 model gets a new engine design, will the 2012 Model Turbo kit be scrapped?

all info points to "no" on the new engine. fyi, there was a report not long ago stating that research/design on a new engine takes years and usually runs 2-4 billion dollars.

When Honda comes out with something new, they stick to it for several years. I doubt there will be any engine redesigns going on any time within the next 5+ years.

that 2.4L dream engine looks like an R18 except bored out to 2.4L. Literally identical based off these two pictures
01.jpg

02.jpg

that 2.4L dream engine looks like an R18 except bored out to 2.4L. Literally identical based off these two pictures

• [ 2.4L class engine ]
  • Based on the DOHC and VTEC technologies, it employs VTC and direct injection technology and implements extensive friction reduction measures.

well, they have an entire new line of engines coming out..

http://world.honda.com/news/2011/4111130Earth-Dreams-Technology/index.html

That's cool, but it's not gonna be in the Si any time soon. It's like the Mazda Skyactive stuff. The new CX-5 is the only vehicle with the whole Skyactive package, and I believe the 3 is the only other vehicle that has anything Skyactive at all, as it has the engine/transmission. According to that article, the "N BOX" is going to be the first vehicle to get the new Earth Dreams stuff and then eventually they'll put it into all the other vehicles. Honda isn't going to introduce a brand new vehicle, then change the drivetrain a year or two later.

This is exciting though, because I was planning on keeping this car for three years then trading it in on something new. I really hope Honda comes out with something that has 200hp and gets 40mpg by the time I'm ready to trade up.

the R18 is based of a DOHC engine but it is implied by a SOHC mechanism which is im assuming what they're going to be doing with that engine, but i maybe wrong :shrug:

I've heard the R18 has issues with cracking all the way across the front of the block. If these Earth Dreams engines are based off that design, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

I've heard the R18 has issues with cracking all the way across the front of the block. If these Earth Dreams engines are based off that design, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.
that's false there was a casting error with a portion of the blocks made from
06-08 into a early portion of 09. Honda fixed the cast and has warrantied the vins covered for six years from your purchase date and is replacing any blocks in the vin range.

Back