Full-Race 2012 Civic Turbo

thanks for the discussion everybody! we will make sure to have a solid presence on this site and bring you guys up to speed as time goes on and we get closer to production.

I heard this uses an rrc. I'm wondering if I should save my rrc and img and swap it into this car.

save your rrc intake manifold and gasket for the 2012! Full-Race's 9th gen turbokit is designed to work with both intake manifolds - the OE (plastic) or the aluminum RRC and RBC intake manifolds. Basically we engineered the charge piping so it can fit both setups - just change (1) silicone coupler at the TB. The plastic intake manifold will work fine for low boost and stock motor pump gas builds - but if you are planning to do any racing or push higher boost levels then upgrading to a better intake mani is a no brainer

stock plastic intake manifold:
honda-9th-gen-civic-si-k-series-turbo-kit-2012-content-14.jpg

RRC/RBC aluminum intake manifold:
honda-9th-gen-civic-si-k-series-turbo-kit-2012-content-15.jpg

are 1000cc injectors needed for a build like this...I would prefer the 725cc injectors since I hear people have less issues with them in terms of drive-ability, etc.

IMHO there is (1) injector and only (1) to use - Injector Dynamics! their ID1000CC injector:
http://www.full-race.com/store/fuel-systems/fuel-injectors/injector-dynamics-id1000cc-injector.html
is now the standard for turbo builds on every platform - honda, nissan, mitsu, toyota, even motorcycles. These injectors have the best idle, driveability, part throttle, response, repeatability and perfect WOT spray patterns compared to anything else on the market. There is nothing like them, and in the hands of a proper tuner there is no issues at all with drivability, cold starts or fuel economy

do you know if the fuel pump is the same between 8ths and 9ths? I have a walbro sitting at my house bnib and I'd like to not have to wait til a new one comes out for the 9th.

the 9th gen fuel pump is actually a bit narrower in diameter than the 8th gens, so the walbro is not a 100% plug and play. there are some new fuel pumps coming out which will suit this nicely!

Still wondering what they came up with for the manifold....
we dont normally post pics of the prototypes, but here are a couple hints. The production pieces are going to be REALLY nice, much better than this even

honda-9th-gen-civic-si-k-series-turbo-kit-2012-content-1.jpg

honda-9th-gen-civic-si-k-series-turbo-kit-2012-content-4.jpg

:drooling: New K24 with a FR kit in a gutted EK hatch :drooling:

i like the way you think! this will definitely happen, just a matter of time :)

i hope this helps answer some questions, its going to be a few more months until this turbokit and flashpro is ready - but the ball is rolling and we are intent on engineering a world-class turbokit for this unique engine/chassis combo.

thanks for the writeup ^^ much appreciated!

what about throttle bodies, is the tb like the 8th gens? I am thinking if I should keep the j35 as well. Sorry for all the questions, but this kit sounds really interesting.

This is awesome. I'm so glad that you guys were given the opportunity to work on this car. It's not very often that you can buy a brand new car and have a turbo kit available within a year after launch.

If you have time (and I know this is a bit premature), but I have a couple of more questions: does the borg warner turbo come standard with the kit on your site? If so, which one (.64 a/r)? Do we need to get a check valve on the evap for the k24s? Is the stock map sensor sufficient?

I have a couple of more questions: does the borg warner turbo come standard with the kit on your site? If so, which one (.64 a/r)? Do we need to get a check valve on the evap for the k24s? Is the stock map sensor sufficient?

no problem, I am happy to help answer any questions - more than likely there are other people who have the same exact question.. so by posting this online it can help everybody

question 1) does the borg warner turbo come standard with the kit on your site? If so, which one?

answer: Full-Race's 2012+ civic Si turbo kit allows the user to have the option of any T3 EFR turbo, they all fit: 7064, 7670, 8374 and 9180 (the monster). Full-Race turbokits have always been designed to be versatile and allow easy changes to a bigger or smaller turbo. IE: the same turbo kit can support whatever HP the turbo size dictates.

I suggest the 7064 for stock engines. For street/strip setup and lightly built motors the 7670 is a great choice. For built motors looking for huge power, the EFR 8374 is a great option and for dedicated drag racers the EFR 9180 is the call

question 2) Do we need to get a check valve on the evap for the k24's

answer: the check valve on this solenoid is a good idea during the install. these are easy to find at any autoparts store and aquarium stores have these also. Many people do not have a check valve here however and ive yet to hear of any problems, although I agree it is a good idea and costs about $2.00

question 3) Is the stock map sensor sufficient

answer: the stock map sensor can read up to 11psi. However above 11psi and it will not cut it. Hondata's Flashpro will usher in the ability to use their 4bar map sensor and go up to 45psi boost.

Put your order in?? :excited:
I would need mo info.....

Any updates on the kit? (still exp. late Jan/early Feb.??)

Has the exhaust went to mfg?

Any word from Hondata? (or other options, til Flashpro for the 2012+ is released)

Is there still a wait on the 7064 &/or 7670?

Are the 8th & 9th mounts completely different? (Wondering how long Hasport or others will take)

What do we have to do to make Walbro work?

:bananapoke:

I've spoken with Hondata. They said they will work on a product when aftermarket intakes and exhausts are available to test tuning.

I'll let full-race comment on their method of tuning, as I do not want to step on toes. (not sure they want it public yet)

Full-Race 3" Downpipe
Full-Race 3" Cat-Back Exhaust

- from the sema build ^^

Back