Full-Race 2012 Civic Turbo

^^ there was a full report on that.

^^ there was a full report on that.
correct, they are covering full replacements on any blocks that have cracked or not cracked yet and replacing them with new free of error blocks.
How is it false if it happened? I'm confused.

Your saying R18s are weak designs and bound to crack which is FALSE, there was casting error. Just like a turbo companies who recently had recalls on snails ranging between certain serial numbers because the turbine wheels used were faulty due to FORGING error. This was a small portion of R18's and only occurred with ones made here in the US, specifically from the casting in Mexico. There was an entire article on this, that cast was corrected, the R18 is not PRONE to cracking, again it was issues with ones made from a specific mold.

OKAY so the ISSUE did EXIST, which is WHAT I was SAYING in the FIRST place. It doesn't MATTER to me that they FIXED the ISSUE. R18's CRACKED across the ENTIRE front of the BLOCK. Be it a casting issue, or a design issue, they CRACKED.

OKAY so the ISSUE did EXIST, which is WHAT I was SAYING in the FIRST place. It doesn't MATTER to me that they FIXED the ISSUE. R18's CRACKED across the ENTIRE front of the BLOCK. Be it a casting issue, or a design issue, they CRACKED.

I am going to refrain from trying to explain MANUFACTURING error over DESIGN error.

crack location shown in the document below. The block is not redesigned or anything... the casting issue was just resolved. It's like saying, there are 10 ways to get from point A to point B. One of the ways caused an issue, and they used a new route to get to point B. They also replaced engines on people who had over 120k miles, and way out of warranty. I've seen people say they have an 8yr warranty on the block after they did the work. You have to realize that ... an easy estimate of 1.5 million r18's in the US are around from the 8th gen. If it had an ongoing issue, you think they'd continue using it in the 9th and so on?

Attachments

• a08-044-Engine Overheats or Leaks Coolant.pdf
    281.5 KB · Views: 3
I have always heard good things about Full Race, My buddy swears by them.
I would be interested to know if the 2013 model gets a new engine design, will the 2012 Model Turbo kit be scrapped?

Thanks a lot, your buddy knows what he's talking about ;) Full-Race will not scrap this kit! just waiting on Hondata flashpro to release the kit to market - they anticipate a few more months for them to finish

I'm hoping that with the early life crisis that the Civic is having that there won't be a major engine redesign for 2013, but then again i'll see what is released by honda in about two months.

im betting the new civic si is going to be a slight change to the springs and shocks, maybe wheels/tires and probably something in the interior. Overall i think the 2012 was a great civic, ive owned many cars over the years and really like this generation. That new motor is reminiscent especially of the R20 engine, just with more bore and more stroke to get 2.4L it seems.

Honda isn't going to introduce a brand new vehicle, then change the drivetrain a year or two later.

i would have to agree with that, especially being that they are continuously refining the K24 as their premier 4 cyl engine, look at the TSX and the int'l Accord. While the lower end K24 engines like the CRV and base US accords will likely get that new R24 based engine

the turbodiesel 1.6L honda motor is going to be that magic potential for mpg and power imo

the R18 is based of a DOHC engine but it is implied by a SOHC mechanism which is im assuming what they're going to be doing with that engine, but i maybe wrong :shrug:

correct, the sohc mechanism had less friction than a dohc valvetrain configuration

I am going to refrain from trying to explain MANUFACTURING error over DESIGN error.
GOOD for YOU, buddy. You REFRAIN from THAT all you WANT. Hopefully it's some CONSOLATION to YOU that I UNDERSTAND the DIFFERENCE between a CASTING issue and a DESIGN flaw. You don't HAVE to do EVERY other WORD in CAPS anymore.

that's false there was a casting error with a portion of the blocks made from
06-08 into a early portion of 09. Honda fixed the cast and has warrantied the vins covered for six years from your purchase date and is replacing any blocks in the vin range.
Was hoping someone would mention that. I incorrectly swayed people away from the R18 until being told the same by Honda.

Thanks for the email. Realistically it looks like we should have the kit released in September. We based the kit around the EFR turbocharger series and since they are on a 4 to 8 month worldwide back order, it would be pointless to unveil the kit knowing we wouldnt be able to sell it until the EFR is available. Regarding the price, we wont know an exact price until we get the turbo since there will be 3 EFR options which would vary from 400 to 600whp. I think its safe to assume for the time being that it will cost right around the same price as our 8th gen turbo kit since most of the 9th gen parts are just slightly different than the 8th gen in terms of bracket locations and where the turbo is placed. I would think that it will be priced around the 5400-5900 dollar area for the entire turbo kit and in stock trim, the new K series motor will be capable of making anywhere from 400 to 500whp depending on the tune. The k series motors are bulletproof and completely over-engineered so they will for sure be able to handle a good amount of boost. I suggest that we stay in email correspondence and we can start emailing around August to see whether there has been any progress on the turbo shipment. Let me know if you have any questions.

Raffi Awakim Full-Race Motorsports

Just a little info I got for hopeful release on the kit

I just found out Full Race has officially released their finished turbocharger kit production for the 2012 Civic Si k24z7 engine! I found it on google' search engine.

Is this going to be a direct bolt on application? Will be have to permanently modify any of our stock parts in order to run the full race turbo kit? and lastely, is it possible to un-install the full race kit in the future and return the engine back to NA (assuming you get your ecu re-programmed by honda again)??

Thanks

These new 12 si's don't require a big fancy ram horn or similar exhaust manifold, A piece that usually costs $700+ that we don't have to Buy now :D .Its just a cat delete. That's why it should be cheaper than any other Turbo kit.

These new 12 si's don't require a big fancy ram horn or similar exhaust manifold, A piece that usually costs $700+ that we don't have to Buy now :D .Its just a cat delete. That's why it should be cheaper than any other Turbo kit.

What are you saying/suggesting then?

initial pricing posted was like 500 under the 8th kit.

Back