Full Race Exhaust Rattle...

Nah. No need to take it to a shop. My only issue has been the hangers being to soft after a few years and hitting my lowering spring.

Just get the stiffer hangers and you should be good.
wasn’t sure on the extent of his mechanical skills. Hangers for some people would seem like a nightmare.

your more then likely gonna have to take it to a muffler shop. My k tuned hits my sway bar and makes me want to slaughter kittens when I’m at idol lol. I think I’m just gonna have to bang it in a bit with a hammer.

have u cut off the bolt stud on the heat shield directly underneath the car? Cause that’s gonna cause a wicked rattle.

lol please don't hurt the kitties! but I also cringe when I just hear the consistent rattle from under the car. I haven't cut off the bolt stud, but I most likely just eat the 50 bucks for better hangers. I really don't want to take the exhaust off to do it though. I'm already lazy lol

Nah I just did the hangers. Didn’t have to remove anything. I laced them with pb blaster the night before and the came off easier. A small pry bar will help a lot.

Well guys,

Finally got my torque solution hangers on, and what a PITA they are! I love how stiff they are but I am still having the occasional vibration from the axle back hitting the spring on an uneven or angled road.. :thumbsdown: I feel like the exhaust sits closer to the spring even after piecing it together.. How are you guys buffering out the sound so you don't hear it? Exhaust wrap?

I got a UR catback to put on-I ordered the extra muffler, so I got two small mufflers. I didn't want a noisy car-this system should act like this low rpm's not noisy, full rpm the mufflers are close to a straight pipe. I don't know if this will work yet. Perhaps you could adj the hangers away from the springs- bend them.

Well guys,

Finally got my torque solution hangers on, and what a PITA they are! I love how stiff they are but I am still having the occasional vibration from the axle back hitting the spring on an uneven or angled road.. :thumbsdown: I feel like the exhaust sits closer to the spring even after piecing it together.. How are you guys buffering out the sound so you don't hear it? Exhaust wrap?
I used a piece of heater hose on the coil spring to stop the rattle. Still squeaked a bit bit way better than metal on metal.
Exhaust wrap is a good idea too though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back