Full-Race Turbo Kit

I agree. No offense to anyone but I think people or just butt hurt over Honda taking out the k20. The k24 has a lower redline, integrated header, and no exhaust vtec. But because it puts out 6 more hp, 40 more ft lbs of torque, and is in a lighter car it should be quite a bit faster off the line and a little faster top end. And I believe full race is finding that the integrated header offers more flow than a traditional header and that the bigger displacement and the peak torque being low in the rpm range has this motor responding better to power adders than the k20. It's not my intention to start a flame war or anything but I was wondering if my views on the 8th gen vs 9th gen were correct.

i believe the 9th civic is a superior chassis - lighter weight, stiffer and more aerodynamic. Also I believe the increased displacement will also be a benefit. However a gutted/caged/built motor will be equally fast in either car, they really are very similar overall

They called me and asked how the boost control on our kit works. I explained how absurdly simple it is, connect the two wires to the two wires on any EBC (does not matter which is + and which is -). They grabbed an old AEM truboost and will wire it up. then get back to me. The good news is the motor is making excellent power, the best spool and broadest powerband weve seen from any 4 cyl honda engine. I told him to get those stupid heavy 20s off of there tho - with the wheelspin he is seeing those 20s are sooo bad for the trans its not funny

So we have to buy EBC to connect to the solenoid on the EFR?

So we have to buy EBC to connect to the solenoid on the EFR?

you do not need any external boost controller for this kit, simply install it and the internal WG will hold a steady boost level. OR if you do want to change boost levels, then yes the EBC would easily plug in/connect to the EFR solenoid

I'll start the buying beginning of next year.. :wigglesmiley:

I'm about 75% sure this is the route im going. The saving has begun.. :squirrel:

Last edited:
yes_awesome_oldschool.gif

Those are the bosch ev14 & he ran a rbc mani w/ them. These are denso and are direct fit for the stock mani w/ the correct clips..

Last edited:
you're correct... VitViper - have you done any testing with the injectors in post #52 above?

I have used the Denso line on several builds. Personally, stay away from the 1300's as they have very poor idle/low throttle characteristics. On the 2.4L the 1000's should be OK, but the might be a bit "poppy". The Deatschwerks EV14 line is where it's at -- very nice injectors. If you need the stock manifold, the Denso Deatschwerks 1000's I mentioned should work OK.

I dont recommend it, but some guys do it on the 8th gens like that, rotating the stock batter into place so it fits... the smaller one really works out a lot better IMO. the other option is to relocate the battery to the trunk (get a power cable from a BMW in the salvage yard to do this easily) handling will improve from the weight distribution

regarding the foglight, we could probably keep the lens if you cut that out, but i doubt it would be possible to keep the entire unit and functioning, there just isnt much space back there for the properly sized 2.5" intercooler charge piping

Back