Gas Prices - what are they where you live now

Looks like Cali may get a little relief? As long as wholesalers don’t just eat the extra $1.50/gallon and screw the consumer?

IMG_9224.jpeg

crazy how texas and the southeast have such low gas prices compared to the west. Some areas are under $2.48 a gallon :eek: ?

1696015287110.png

We’re high in WA because Inslee adopted a back door gas tax that jacked prices up nearly $0.50 for the first half of the year. It’s not a gas tax directly, so it doesn’t go to road maintenance, it’s a tax on the production and supply of gasoline so it can go to his climate slush fund.

It’s not directly taxing “the constituency” it’s just making gasoline more expensive for the producers to distribute and subsequently to consumers to purchase. But it gives Inslee enough wiggle room to blame the producers and distributors for price gouging even though we all know it’s the tax causing the increase. I guess it’s a play to shut those companies down from doing business in Washington or a play for Washington to absorb the distribution of gasoline.

1.90 cnd for regular by my work
1.80 next town over 15min away.
1.72 in vancouver.

Process finally dropped. Shockingly by about $0.50. $4.49/regular at Safeway.

Forgot to mention....I saw $2.99 for regular last Thursday. Not sure what it is this week at that certain gas station.

Seeing a 2 as the first digit blew my mind, lol.

Back