Gas Prices - what are they where you live now

its up to 1.60 where i am now. it was that much on vancouver island a few months ago i just read its $1.80 now. cant wait to start filling my si this summer. prices are stupid.

im considering getting a tune to run 87 octane.

Last edited:
its up to 1.60 where i am now. it was that much on vancouver island a few months ago i just read its $1.80 now. cant wait to start filling my si this summer. prices are stupid.

im considering getting a tune to run 87 octane.
But you are going to miss the power with 93.

I'm gonna ask a dumb question because I've never really gotten a straight answer. Is there any deficits to running 87 or 89 in the Si? Seems like every car I've owned after my 92 EG has wanted "Premium Fuel Only"

Lol. 93. That would be nice. 91.

Forgot not everyone is as fortunate lol :hiding:

I'm gonna ask a dumb question because I've never really gotten a straight answer. Is there any deficits to running 87 or 89 in the Si? Seems like every car I've owned after my 92 EG has wanted "Premium Fuel Only"

89 isn't premium fuel to me... 91 or 93 is premium fuel.

Personally I don't feel like 87 -> 89 is that much of a bump/not worth the price difference.

Car will pull timing and adjust cam angles if you’d run lower grade fuel. You’ll lose mpg and power will be reduced.

i was informed the other day that a small town about 10 minutes out of my way to go home is selling 94 now.... worth the drive?

Back