Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan SI
I just purchased a New 4 door white si

It's my first si I can actually call my own. :D

Anyway, I have a few questions..

I'm looking at buying 3000k plug and play hids for my fog lights

I'm unsure if I should go with 6,000 or 8,000 for the low beam? I want a really slight blue look, but not too much. I had 8000k's in my 07 sonata but those were projector head lights and weren't as blue as some of the 8000k's I saw in halogen head lights.

Also my other question is, should i get relays? Do you need a relay for each bulb? or does a relay handle multiple lights on one relay?(if so how many per relay?)

These are the specs for the lights I will be getting.

• Input voltage rage: DC 8-18V
  • Rated voltage: 13.5V
  • Max. start voltage: 23kV
  • Input current: 3.1A+/- 5%
  • Output power: 35W+/-2W
  • Luminosity: 3,600 lumens
  • Working temperature: -40 ~ +105°C
  • Color temperature: 4,300K - 12,000K or above
  • Life-span: 3,000 hours
  • Startup time: can reach 20% of the standard brightness within 1 second; can reach 80% of the standard brightness within 4 seconds
  • Auto cut-off: once there is a short circuit or open circuit, the ballast will stop working automatically
  • Protection voltage: when the voltage exceed 19V, the ballast will stop working automatically, and make the output power below 45W, to protect the ballast and bulb from damage. When the voltage is 8V, the ballast still can work normally, but when the voltage is below 7V, the ballast will stop working to protect the ballast from damage
  • Reverse polarity protection: the ballast will stop working automatically when a reverse polarity happens
  • Radiation:
    Relative value: less than -70dB
    Absolute value: less than 20mW for standard wireless interference
    Relative value: less than -90dB
    Absolute value: less than 5mW for our product

Thanks for all your help

Rich :D

I would do 6k and 1 relay for each set of lights.

My other question is..some people say civic's halogen headlights aren't that bad when you put HID's in them as some other cars..

Is this what most people experience, or is it going to be one of those things where I'm constantly blinding other drivers, and a lot of glare?

And does honda give a hard time with their warranties when you install HIDs?

I've had HID's before, but they were in my 07 sonata which came factory with projector headlights..so I'm just trying to cover all basis to see if its worth it, because I really don't want to put in projection lights, unless I absolutely have too.

as for warranty - if you would fry your wiring in the headlights or something - they're not going to replace yours under warranty. That's really all they could blame hids on.

I haven't put them in yet, but I'm still on the fence if I should go with 3000k, or 4300k for the fogs.

Prob going to go with 6000k for the headlights.

They are all in stock and I can pick them up anyday. I just don't know what to do :/

You should only need one relay if the kit comes with wiring harnesses. The relay just allows you to use your stock headlight "control stick" on your steering wheel. Kit should have a relay if its well put together.

Bulbs, ballasts, harness, relay.

I ended up going with 6000k in low beams and 4300k in fogs

I also like the look of 3000k, so I bought a pair of just the bulbs for the HID kit I got.

So I will go back and fourth every month or so. I can never make my mind up on stuff like that :confused:

I don't know how to post pictures on here. Once I figure it out I'll post some. Thanks for your help.

Now only if progressive could get that rear 22 mm sway bar out.

Next to the "post reply" button you can upload pics.

wondering where can I get the relays....thinking about putting HID's on mine as well, it makes a world of difference when you do have 'em

40 amp 4 prong relays are available at NAPA for like $7.

Parts/Bin #194

4 prongs arent common so you may need to go to more than one. (mine is a 4 prong so I think yours probably would be also just check)

That would be a nice feature. I know when my relay goes bad cause both go out at once! No troubleshooting guessing about bulb,ballast,relay,harness.

Back