Honda si 2013 TNPS senors can not be programed by tire shop.

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
I went to three tire shops and none of them can program New OEM sensors onto my new rims. This I think is a honda design so you can't change rims from stock without going to the honda dealer. I am going to file a complaint with honda corporation about this issue. VIP tech says he is blocked into programing the sensors. Same with two other shops. And idea's on how to fix this except getting a pressure chamber set to 33pounds and putting sensor's into air chamber and putting them in the trunk!:lildevil:

Dude what. I had fresh TPMS sensors put into my wheels at Discount Tire -- where are you at where they're having trouble?

VIP tech said his computer can't talk to Honda, two more places said the same thing. The screen keeps flash low tires, and even make a ping sound.:banghead:

1 - why didn’t you move the original sensors from the oem wheels to the new wheels? No programming to do.

2- where did you buy your replacement sensors? If a tire shop sold them to you, they should be programming them.

3- you cannot put the Honda sensors in a tube with pressure. They do not “activate” the batteries to get a reading until you reach a certain speed, so your tube idea will never send a signal.

4- you said you were taking it to Honda to have them program it?

TPMS- the sensors came from discouttiredirect-they are OEM sensors. For some reason the honda port doesn't seem to be working to program the sensors to the computer-. The tech said maybe a fuse was burned out and there are two of them? The tech confirmed the sensors are working by his computer on all four wheel. Maybe a fuse has blown?:pat: I hate going to the honda dealer but I have got to get the TPMS working:hmmm?: I suppose, I could switch the old sensors to the new wheels-the car is 7yrs old now-isn't the battery life just ten years? This makes it really hard to have two sets of wheels which is what , I was trying to do. The screen is flashing low air pressure and stupid beeping noise.

Last edited:
I suspect a blown fuse-where are they? Is the honda dealer using special computers. The tech said he has programmed reg civics but not a civic si.

so the only way to fix this is to be ripped off by the Honda dealer?

$25-$100 just to change rims on a Honda because of TPMS

I don't think, I will ever run the stock rims again. I will just use the Hyper Grams-with summer Firehawks:vtec: tire's with this setup I am able to turn on the power around curves instead of slowing down-a true sport coup.

$25-$100 small price to pay to have piece of mind that youre not dangerously low on air :driving:

This is the correct take. Preventative technology like TPMS is always worth it. Of course, check the going rate so you don't get robbed, but you get the idea.

Also wait... you bought the sensors online and brought them in? Or did you ask for them at the store?

bought online-the tech said all sensors are working-the computers the tire shop all have isn't able to talk to the cars main computer-the honda dealer has the right stuff to fix it. I wonder however maybe the honda blew a fuse. Some Hondas don't have all these problems- mine does.:barf:

I call honda dealer-maybe check fuse box.

Looks like I have to take the old wheel sensors out of the OEM wheels. New sensors are $315 and programing. that's a hell of a lot of money. This really suks

Ok, I have been able to come up with a fix, put old sensors back on. Discounttiredirect is refunding me $189 for the new sensors that didn't work. Well be back to problems in three years when the battery fails in the sensors. I may add when changing these things make 100% sure they are OEM sensors-. I don't believe these one's are. my best guess. I got a lot of work to do Ug- I am fat butt will be lighter after this:rotfl:

I'm glad that you're getting your money back. For next time, it's best to have them add all of that in the shop -- I mean, it's convenient to have your own set, but it's more of a liability thing. If they have issues, let it be the Tire Shop's problem, not yours.

I would have ordered wheels and tires and sensors installed, but no matter what I did, IT still may not have worked. \This was caused by Honda maybe and after market sensors. Old wheel sensors should work as they were working

Back