Honda si 2013 TNPS senors can not be programed by tire shop.

switching TNPS sensors, did one sensor. see pic -it has a number. Does not work on SI. the tire shop is switching the sensors for free!:box:

Attachments

• DSC00357.JPG
    DSC00357.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 3
I just saw some knock offs that look OEM too, is china copying honda TNPS sensors? Perhaps the problem is the tire shop scanners can't talk to the Honda main computer and only Honda dealer has the right scanner that works? I am pissed at this whole stuff-Honda wants $100 just to set the TNPS. Well screw it I know the old one's will work for three year, and I now have another set of wheel sensors. Honda will have to wait 3yr to get the money out of me.:flame:

there are TONS of companies that make sensors that are compatible for pretty much every make/model of car. If an oem sensor is say $50 a piece, you can usually find 20 other companies selling a compatible sensor for 20-40 dollars a piece. You can find countless companies selling tpms sensors that work with your car.

:banana whip2:That maybe true. Honda is the only one that can make it work with the cars computer at least on the 2013 SI- it seems to screwed up from honda on purpose to get $100 out of car owners. The sensor were working, but tire shop could not set them up with Honda's main computer. The only thing I could do without paying honda a $100 is put the old one's back on-they are setup with the main computer. The honda dealer here is a bunch of crooks.:spazface: All my sensors were tested and worked-all 8 of them. The old 4 sensors are set up with the car, the new one's not setup without Honda's scan tool.

That is the oem sensor for the si and every other trim civic.

42753-TR3-A81

https://www.hondapartsonline.net/oem-parts/honda-sensor-assembly-tpms-42753tr3a81
I am going to go to honda dealer with the new sensors and make sure these new one's are OEM
, You can't tell 100% from Honda's pic if my new one's are the real OEM- I think they are OEM also, but I just want to make 100% sure. From all the info I have Honda's scan tool is the only one that can set these sensors on the 2013. There is no reset button on the 2013 that I know of.

I just saw a OEM honda sensor and it doesn't match this one in the pic. This one from discounttire direct is not OEM and that is why the tire shop can't reset the TPMS. honda would have not been able to reprogram it either.
there are TONS of companies that make sensors that are compatible for pretty much every make/model of car. If an oem sensor is say $50 a piece, you can usually find 20 other companies selling a compatible sensor for 20-40 dollars a piece. You can find countless companies selling tpms sensors that work with your car.
And some TPMS aftermarket sensors such as this one don't work. Even though the part maker say it does. Note amazon has a close up pic of a OEM sensor and they don't match. This is beyond aggravating.

Attachments

• DSC00357.JPG
    DSC00357.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 2
I cannot see discount tire buying oem sensors from Honda to put in a customers car unless they customer provided their own oem sensors. They’d buy 3rd party sensors (from one of the countless companies out there) that run on the same frequency etc that are compatible.

The problem here is why don't the new sensors work when the tire shop scanner says they do work except no one seems to be able to program the sensors with the after market sensors to the car. It looks like the car is extremely sensitive to non honda scanner's and after market sensors. It might be that just these sensors don't work and, or only the honda scanners work with this car. Something is really screwed up here. Perhaps only OEM sensors and Honda dealer reset scanners are the only thing that works on this car. I think honda screwed the car totally up on TPMS on model years 2012,2013. I am going to call the Honda corporation help line and see what they say. I wonder what is going to happen when the old sensors are put back on-will it work or do I have to go to Honda to get them talking to the main computer? How is this fair to a owner of the car to send out a car like this? So far three Mechanic's could not get the low tire screen off at different shops. Car company's often put cars on the road without testing its software enough. Another example would be hill assist nightmare. Could be I found a virus in the system.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen one person have issues with reprogramming at 3rd party tire shops like discount tire with aftermarket wheels and aftermarket sensors.

tenor.gif

• I’ve never seen one person have issues with reprogramming at 3rd party tire shops like discount tire with aftermarket wheels and aftermarket sensors.
perhaps you didn't look because I found plenty of people having problems with the 2013 honda si wheel sensor's.
Facts- the discount tire direct sensors don't seem to work with the tire shop scanners and Main Honda computer. Its possible a blown fuse-it has two somewhere. When the key is on the dash shows no sensor reading. I don't know what's wrong.:yeahthat::face-puke::meh::paper: Those sensors from tire direct are not made any more perhaps the part maker knows they don't work:coffee: Go to amazon look under 2013 honda civic-plenty of problems there with wheel sensors and this certain year not sure about 2012. it looks like they fix the problem in 2014! it's quite obvious to me honda screwed up the software and left it to me to sniff it out.

Last edited:
perhaps you didn't look because I found plenty of people having problems with the 2013 honda si wheel sensor's.
Facts- the discount tire direct sensors don't seem to work with the tire shop scanners and Main Honda computer. Its possible a blown fuse-it has two somewhere. When the key is on the dash shows no sensor reading. I don't know what's wrong.:yeahthat::face-puke::meh::paper: Those sensors from tire direct are not made any more perhaps the part maker knows they don't work:coffee: Go to amazon look under 2013 honda civic-plenty of problems there with wheel sensors and this certain year not sure about 2012. it looks like they fix the problem in 2014! it's quite obvious to me honda screwed up the software and left it to me to sniff it out.
No one on the forum has posted issues, and you can clearly see how many people run two sets of wheels or have aftermarket wheels. As for amazon, I have no clue on those reviews. Someone could be buying incorrect stuff for their make/model/trim or junk. The 12 is the same as the 13. The 2014 doesn’t have sensors in the wheel. It uses the abs sensor to calculate tire pressure at each wheel based on the number of wheel rotations.

Me too, I don't even know if the old sensors are going to fix the problem. I would guess yes, but three years problem will come back and then I would just make sure I use real Honda OEM sensors not this aftermarket junk.:cornmad:+1 for 2014 butt deduct -1 for hill assist. -2 for no Key.

I think this is one instant when aftermarket is not the way to go -sensors--go only with OEM sensors-so tire shops can reprogram them.:banghead::dancing1::paper::hmmm?:

Ok, I switched back to OEM sensors that were working when I took off wheels and programed to the car. Are they going to work? I have to drive the car now so it can learn the Brand new hyper grams rims and wheel positioning. Got my fingers crossed. It is outstanding weather today. Normalcy is riding My VFR interceptor, the highest rpm v4 Honda every made. Gee I love that bike and the sound is simply amazing with its carbon muffler. I am worn out, but I don't care. I can out work a teenager because I am twice as smart:hitit:King Sunofwolf!

This Honda bullshit where you have tp pay a dealer just to reset the Piss on you tire junk, I have confirmed that only honda can reset this tire junk. I pulled the fuse on the wheel sensor tp stop binking me and destroying my little screen. Three pieces of tape is now going to sit over idiot light, I am going to get my exhaust on then maybe have honda fix it,:barf::lildevil:

Back