Honda si 2013 TNPS senors can not be programed by tire shop.

You had a shop transfer the original oem sensors and they put the oem sensors on your aftermarket wheels...and you went for a drive and they didn’t reset?

no, go on the working OEM sensors it not the sensors. its not a fuse. I even reset the whole computer-by taking the battery cable off. Only thing it could be is Honda software which none seems to be able to turn off the low pressure screen and beeping noise. -I pulled the fuse and now no beeping and I can see the display, but I can't turn off the traction control-perhaps another fuse needs to be pulled? I don't want to pay $100 every time this system screws up.:cornmad:

I still don’t know what you’ve done since you didn’t really answer my last post. Did you literally take it to a shop today to have them remove your tires, remount the old oem sensors and rebalance everything?

I’m not saying this will fix anything, but it’s better than just pulling your neg wire off the the terminal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II9X3lBKYWY

I put my old working OEM sensors back on and still doesn't work. I checked out the fuse-its fine. I reset the whole computer pulling the pos cable off. Nothing has worked. I consider this a safety defect and should be reported as such as it distracted driver is a unsafe driver.:shadyhat:

You have a way to mount/unmount and balance tires yourself at your house?

Watch the video again. It’s not just pulling the positive off. You touch and hold the pos and neg for 10 secs. I’ve seen others say 15 seconds, but still.

I did reset the ecm computer-the clock changed. No effect. I have trying everything-nothing worked. Honda is the only one who can reset the wheels. This isn't good. I have to find another Honda dealer-the one close is really awful. With the fuse pulled-no bing or dash trouble. I change tires two times a year or more. I am putting this on back burner and installing the exhaust.:eek: Vip put the sensors on-switched them.

No tire shop in backyard, but close by. I don't know why honda did not update the software with a recalibration function like they have on some other Honda's. I think we have a safety violation here by Honda not fixing the TPNS which could be done. I will call Honda customer service -the corp. Monday. Honda knows a safety problematical is present and does nothing.

I have disabled the piss on you system by pulling the fuse next bring out the SRT-4 fix- black tape on the dash. I want pay Honda anything for their defects.:hyper:

I feel like the first shop screwed something up by entering some of the new sensor codes or god only knows. Otherwise your oem sensors would be working

:pat::box::paper::spazface:perhaps, but the real problem is the lack of a reset anywhere on the honda.-I think this wheel sensor stuff will just keep happening. I am unwilling to pay Honda a $100 every time this system fails. Honda added software fix's to other honda's but left this Honda si without out any tools to fix it. I am going to call honda corp and ask why am I forced to pay honda every time their software doesn't work. I am filing a complaint to the gov. This is a safety defect. I am not the only one have these problems, many Hondas have various different types of failures. Once I changed the sensors, I never got them to work. You are correct the old sensors should have worked but might have been messed up by trying to get the New sensors working. perhaps one more try at VIP to reset them? The fuse was not blown if some major problem occurred.:confuzzled:

Last edited:
Okay, I'm gonna jump back in. It's not fair for me to leave webby to deal with you by himself.

I am unwilling to pay Honda a $100 every time this system fails.
I am going to call honda corp and ask why am I forced to pay honda every time their software doesn't work.

First of all, since the sensors you purchased weren't OEM, Honda is going to claim that it was your fault for not going to the dealer in the first place to have a fresh TPMS set up. Unfortunately, Corporations are not trying to save you money. You need to understand this. As much as I love Honda's products, I understand that they would prefer it if I took my car to the dealer for everything, since it generates the most after-sale revenue for them. Any car manufacturer holds this mindset. Of course there's a PR line where if a bunch of cars fail at once, the corporation will most likely create some avenue to fix them to save face-- but that's off topic somewhat. Webby mentioned earlier that he's not seen anyone have trouble with this procedure. I agree with him-- I've not heard of this either.

Secondly, a TPMS sensor is meant to run out of juice once every decade. It's not like you'll be in every week. If you get it done once at the dealer, you're good 'til probably 2030.

Thirdly, how is this different than any other less-than-routine maintenance? For a car-related fix at a dealer no less, 100 bucks is extremely cheap.

I feel like the first shop screwed something up by entering some of the new sensor codes or god only knows. Otherwise your oem sensors would be working

Fourthly, I agree with webby that the guys at the tire shop you went to most likely have screwed up both sets if they were fiddling around with them. Again, I have a 3rd-party set myself.

Fifthly, WEBBY HOW ARE YOU SO PATIENT I'M LITERALLY SLAMMING KEYS

130e89fb0a19dbcd42ed26ff00f00b17.gif

I found over a 100 complaints about Honda tire mess, they just seemed to be hidden and I didn't look to far, lets see one tire sensor hip a bump, one losing air at 26psi, another gets a little dirt on it, get a flat, change a rim and will make the system go Nuts- each one a hundred bucks $500 bucks and counting. My solution pull the fuse and put three pieces of tape on the dashboard kind of stuff I do with the 2001 neon too and it runs fine.:badger:Honda will cave in and tell the dealer they will pay for it sense Honda broke it by not putting in a reset switch.

going to take the car to honda, but before I go going to complain to Honda Corp and I still have to check other honda dealers as the closest one is the worst run one. In the mean time throwing on my exhaust stuff which cost like $1200-i have every now to put it on.:joke::iough:

How come Honda doesn't update the software? This is typical of car makers today -the rush out sloppy stuff and then leave the owner to try and fix their junk.This is not suppose to be what honda is like but apparently they aren't any better than anyone else-I give the a chance to fix this by calling Honda Corp before I report this to the safety board-I have a unsafe car now because I have to pull the fuse - to stop distracted driving created by Honda's software which is a much more serious problem than a low tire pressure-that doesn't exist.:badger:

I got this stuff to put on CNT downpipe, full race catback with duel mufflers and hasport RMM and solutions torque Mounts. I can fix the TPNS with a trip to honda for a $100. Might look for another dealer but thats the going rate.

Attachments

• DSC00385.JPG
    DSC00385.JPG
    528.7 KB · Views: 5
didn't you see the exhaust stuff? I am going to the Honda dealer, just like the tranny oil.
Honda does have a monopoly on certain things. I am going few honda dealers however to see what they charge. I believe they could have turned on the discount tire wheel sensors also which have a lot more battery life. I didn't think , I would have this much trouble with a stupid sensors.:joke: I am getting better at typing, so your my ginny pig!:leghump: I am post happy!:corndance:

60 for recalibration of wheel sensors, other Honda dealer wanted $100, it would seem my closest dealer is a crook wants to rip me off for $40. I drive to second place which is longer but I would rather spend the the $40 saved on gas and lunch. Going to see if I can get Honda corp on the phone because this is a safety defect they never bother to fix-I do have some pull here as gov safety love to fine car makers or make them fix their junky software. I am turning into a honda technician :badger::drooling::rotfl:July the 1 is the big Honda si exhaust install-got the Mechanic shop reserved just for me-I help put it on too. Today is vfr interceptor 2006 day riding for sure. I am the king of VFR 800 has the best v4 ever made.

Last edited:
sad-meg-ryan.gif

OH MAI GAAAAAAAAAAHD

...Please just go to the dealer.
Please.

Stop posting about it.
Just go.
Is that your wife? I think these women have all these problems, just think what I have to do to sell kittens-ug! honda corp customer service is not answering the Phone- what's going on here? Canada phone not working either? I have a appointment to turn my wheel sensors on Friday!

Last edited:
Back