How Much Did You Pay For Your 2012 Honda Civic

not quite sure how you got that price...
Can you share your breakdown - the price paid without tax? Did they give you a good interest rate?

dealer cost on a 2012 civic sedan auto ex-l is supposed to be $20,6xx
Invoice is supposed to be $21,5xx

Did you order a lot of accessories, extended warranty, paint protection, etc?

the naked price is $18395, I paid in full cash+credit, I live in NY, guess this is a good price for my area

do you have incriminating photos of the dealership's owner having an affair with someone? You're essentially $2300 UNDER dealer cost, and $3100 under invoice?

any chance you're willing to post a pic of your sales order?

others could potentially use it as a bargaining chip. I've had dealers say they wanted to see copies of sales orders when I said, "I know this person who paid X price".

^^:yeahthat:

"upload a file button" - next to "post reply" button....

After going to 4 dealerships and all of them having a 5 grand markup. I went to the one by my house DCH honda of oxnard, they just got in a black SI and it was the best dealership experience out of all 4 of them.

or less... no reason to pay markup. Drive to another dealership if one won't work with you on pricing.

put in a zip code for manhattan on truecar. This is a coupe SI pricing average paid by users in the last week:

Market Average for New York, NY is

$21,791

A potential savings of $1,184 (5.15%) off an MSRP of$22,975

^hmmm, dealers have been giving me the runaround saying that the cars don't stay in stock and that they're not willing to budge. Given the relative difficulty in sourcing the exact model I need within the 06880 zip code, I was hard pressed to disagree so I just told the salesman I'll think about it. Since I'm dealing with negative equity, I'm not willing to compromise on price.

put your info into truecar and see what type of responses you get

with that zip ^ it says this :
2012 coupe si
$1,114 in Average Savings
4.81% off a base MSRP of $23,145

it's free, and dealerships locally submit pricing they'd sell the car to you for.
(not sure if you want coupe/sedan & options etc so you'll have to click into the various screens)
http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/honda/

Back