How Much Did You Pay For Your 2012 Honda Civic

Hello Everyone,
We just came back from the dealership here in Miami, FL and my gf ended up buying the 2012 lx auto 4 door, polished metalic color.
Below you will read my "preparation" and "finalization" for this battlefield with the purchase price!
a) i first went to honda.com and found all the dealerships in my neighborhood (total of 13 dealers, and one was really far away - 1.5 hour away-)
b) i emailed every single dealership and ended up my statement with this sentence; i will buy this car TODAY at 6 pm if i like the price, ONLY tell me the OTD (out the door) price and we will cut the check! no bs nothing, just ADD all the fees and charges, and just give us the final final price!
c) within 1.5 hour i received 10's of emails from managers, their managers, their LGM managers, finance managers, this and that managers, internet office managers and the whole 9 yards
d) 10's of phone calls from the same people above!
e) best offer was 20,950 $ ALL INCLUDED! we had our tag, so tag was transferred, and we did not need to wait for a DMV check in the mail or anything like that...bottom line; walk out of the door price; 20,950$ that inclued all (sales tax is 6.5% in Miami) this price includes whatever you can name....and we gave them a check! no financing with the dealership !

We also received a 5 day 4 night cruise with carnival cruise lines to bahamas or cozumel for 2 people! it was 100% included and we did not pay any penny for this free ticket...it is good between september and february though! that means we need to wait for a few months before using it (by the way, i did some google'ing and read one negative comment about this free cruise thing saying it was a scam! i hope this is not true and we get our free cruise)
Everyone who is interested in buying this car; please read carefully below as this is the trick they might play on you!!!
first they will give you the "final" (!!) price....and you will think it is the final price.....then they will say "ohhhh you need to buy the accesory package, it comes with the car" which is BS!!!! so, for tinted windows, and mud flaps they will try to screw you for another $450....DO NOT fall into that trap.....i have the proof as the email .....and when i called them they started to day "ohh, yes, but without the package you can't live the lot" That means some dealerships will tell you the price of "walk out of the door" and then lie in the last minute! be careful!!

Anyway, long story short, my friendly recommendation; talk to as many places as you can, and be very straighforward! for those who can get financing without using the cardelaership, even better! try your own financing source which will make the whole process and negotiation easier!

I will not disclose the name of those 2 dealerships who lied, but for those who have further questions, please email me...

Take care all and good luck with your experience at the dealerships
B.

welcome, and congrats to the latest two civic owners. Baris - sounds like you really made a solid effort to get a realistic price, and still had some try to weasel you for a few hundred extra. Good job on the deal you made.

both of you should go post up some pictures so people can see
http://9thcivic.com/forum/forums/civic-color-specific-threads.33/

find your color, and post them up!

Congratulations & welcome aboard Baris. :wavey:

Excellent work on your purchase, and it sounds like you can rest assured you squeezed out the best price on your Civic.

I bought a dyno blue 2012 Civic EX-L - sticker was 22,705, I paid 21,700 (plus 6% sales tax). I bought mine on April 25, less than a week after they started showing up at the dealership. I was looking at a red EX-L initially, then I looked at a blue EX because I really liked the blue. When the salesperson and I got back with the blue EX, someone had come in and started buying it, sight unseen! I let it go because I really wanted an EX-L. I wanted to take the red one out to show my husband, and while I was looking at the blue one, someone bought the red one. The dealership traded to get the blue EX-L that I wanted. I could have bought a 2011 black EX-L for $3k under sticker, but I really didn't like it that much. I fell in love with the 2012 as soon as I drove it. (The 2011 Si was pretty awesome, but I couldn't justify the difference in gas mileage and insurance.) I traded in a 2009 Toyota Corolla on it. I pretty much love my Civic. It does have one quirk - it idles a bit rough, and when you first start it (in the garage, and not in cold weather), it seems to knock a little bit. It's a minor annoyance considering how much I hated my Corolla, so I've ignored it so far. I'll prolly have them take a look at it when I get the oil changed.

Attachments

• civic.jpg
    civic.jpg
    924.8 KB · Views: 862
Thanks. :) I was going to post a pic in the dyno blue forum, but I see it's made its way there already. I will say that in person, it's got a little bit of a greenish tint to it - it looks almost teal in the right light. Much nicer than Honda's previous blue on the Civics, IMO. BTW, I bought mine at Harold Zeigler in Kalamazoo, Michigan. They just bought the Honda franchise from M&M Honda, who didn't have the best reputation. I've been pretty pleased so far. I still got a good deal (even when people were buying cars right out from under me), and they aren't pushy and annoying.

I bought a dyno blue 2012 Civic EX-L
welcome to the site - have you had much gas through the car yet? I'm just wondering if you are experiencing idle issues from a tank of cheap gasoline?

haha - I just added your pic to the thread since you had just posted it here. Hopefully you don't mind. Figured I could save you a few mintues

Heh. NP. I actually am at 1800 miles right now. I don't know where the first tank of gas came from, because the car came from another city about 250 miles away. It was filled from that point by the dealership I got it from at a Phillips 66 that I personally never go to. Next tank came from a Marathon station. Filled up again in Indianapolis - don't recall what station that was. It was almost completely empty at that fill up. Next was a different Marathon station. Today was a Shell station. The rough idle has existed since the beginning, and the gas has come from all over, so I don't really think that's the problem. For the record, I'm averaging about 32.5 mpg overall right now. I tend to drive with a pretty heavy foot, and averaged 33.7 in my Corolla, so I'm hoping this improves. (Sorry - I'm way off topic at this point!)

you're fine - I'd def take it into the dealership and have them look at your idle. As for your mpg, usually mpg improves after your car is past the 600 mile break in period. Granted, your mileage is going to vary based on driving habits, and driving conditions

Well, since I'm already at 1800 miles, it might not get any better. We'll see. I've seen some people suggest that mileage won't improve until 5 or 6k.

I bought a dyno blue 2012 Civic EX-L - sticker was 22,705, I paid 21,700 (plus 6% sales tax).

buds you got a really good deal on your civic. I bought mine 2 weeks ago. its 2012 honda civic EX polished metal MSRP is 21,211.94+destiation and delivery 1,395 and 12% applicable tax= 25,316.77. I live here in Vancouver Canada prices is really expensive

buds you got a really good deal on your civic. I bought mine 2 weeks ago. its 2012 honda civic EX polished metal MSRP is 21,211.94+destiation and delivery 1,395 and 12% applicable tax= 25,316.77. I live here in Vancouver Canada prices is really expensive
welcome to the site. You're unfortunately in an area with higher taxes, and delivery fees. I'm sure there will be others who have similar to pricing to what you're experiencing in Canada. It was the same situation with the previous civic in Canada.

Hello all,

I just bought the Dyno Blue EX-L with navigation. The MSRP was $24,205 and I got them down to $23,483 (before taxes and such). I worked them really hard to get a better price... even flat-out told them no, and that I was going to continue my search unless they could get me a better price. Within 5 minutes of hanging up the phone, I received an email from the salesman with a link to TrueCar.com's profile of the car showing that the price he gave me was actually a pretty good deal. I did some more research on my own to make sure people really are paying this close to MSRP and confirmed that $1,000 below MSRP really is a pretty good deal. I even called a few other Honda dealers and offered them $22,500 for the same car and received similar counter-offers. I know the dealers are making good money on these cars, but the market for them is so good right now.

The car did have a handful of accessories pre-installed as well that were rolled into the $24,205 MSRP... I wasn't sure if that was normal or not. Things like wheel locks, splash guards, door edge guards, and security etch were all on the car already, so of course they were quick to point out that the MSRP was already a discount considering there is nearly $600 worth of accessories on the car.

welcome to the site. It's not uncommon for some dealers to have those add-ons installed on the car. They make money on accessories, and they may also put things on the car that customers often ask for. Post up some pictures if you get a chance

Back