How Much Did You Pay For Your 2012 Honda Civic

sorry this is a little off topic but I have been trying to get a 2012 civic ex-l dyno blue from my local dealership for a month they dont have what I want and have been telling me there are none in a 4 state area to trade for and that they are not available to order but i have found some in neighboring states on-line i am willing to spend in the 23k range otd and have been give a price in this range by my dealer, i feel like i may be getting set on the back burner as a guaranteed sale since my family has bought 3 cars from them in the past all as cash deals. i would perfer to stay with my local dealer i would have to drive over a hour to get to another dealer and im not sure if i would get the same price. should i confront my dealer or go elsewhere?

Why not call and talk to the Internet manager where you see the car you want. See what price they'll give you on that car and go from there

Hi Logan - I agree with webby. Tell them the price you were offered at the other dealer and see if they can match it. TrueCar.com can be a good source for seeing what you ought to be paying for a car... here is the profile for the EX-L

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/honda/civic-sedan-pricing/2012/6441DBD4/

Hope that helps. You might find out you can get an even better deal at this other dealership - sometimes dealerships won't give the best price to a loyal family buyer because they aren't worried that you'll go anywhere else (yeah it's ***-backwards but it happens).

Got mine yesterday - paid MSRP for a silver four-door EX-L, but had them throw in remote start, door bumpers, and waive the BS dealer fee attached to the car.

Wanted something small but luxurious for long-distance commuting. I was pretty much sold on the car after I saw
* How easily it paired with my Droid phone and could play music
* How I could change the behavior of when the car auto-locks and turns on the headlights without having to go to a dealer
* Fuel-efficient without having one of those horrible Honda CVTs

It's nice to see Honda finally catch up with the crappy Korean automakers in terms of neat technological bells and whistles in the cabin. I absolutely would not have considered any 2011 Civic, despite the dealer straight-up offering to take a loss on one if I was even slightly interested in helping him clear old inventory. The major dealer in my area had zero 2012's in stock and offered to waitlist me behind a dozen other people who were in line to get the EX-L's, so I decided to look around and found THREE 2012's at a smaller dealer in another state, one of which was my coveted EX-L. Two other people test-drove it in the time it took for me to finish haggling and agree to buy.

This supply chain shortage is pissing me off :mad:. I've never paid MSRP for a car, but I didn't think the situation was going to get better between now and when I would've been in a situation where I needed a replacement car for a terrible Focus that I inherited :screwy:

Congratulations!

Although I pride myself on making good car deals throughout my life, I bought my last two Hondas at or just below sticker price. Each were the exact vehicle I needed at the time, and were also tops in their segment.

The remote start was 800. Bumpers were two, and the dealer fee was two.

Even so, I'm used to getting a much better deal. I was pretty pissed that my salesperson wouldn't budge, so I went and test-drove a Corolla S. Toyota offered me 0% financing, oil changes for life, and nearly four off of the sticker price. They were DESPERATE to get that off of the lot. In driving it, it was like other Corollas I've driven - just ok. The interior feels cheaper, and the headrests must've been designed by an interrogator with how uncomfortable they were.

At the end of the day, it made logical sense to go for the Corolla, but I just didn't want it. I really did try, but I just wasn't thrilled with the product.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Hi guys! I haven't bought my Civic yet, but I am really hoping too. It's a 2012 Honda Civic LX Automatic. The salesperson emailed met their offer. List price of 19,999 (which he claims is already discounted) and total price with tax, tag, and fees 22,358. I think that is high considering the research I've done. Any thoughts on what I should counter offer with?

Msrp on a 2012 lx sedan auto / no options shows 19,425

Edmunds shows current common purchase prices at like 19,100. Invoice at 17,995

I'm not sure what your tax rate is, but you could multiply your sales tax by 19k, and shoot that offer to them.

The unfortunate side effect of the production cut that Honda announced in May for the rest of this year is that there has been a significant shortage of Civics available. As a result, I'm starting to hear about people paying MSRP or even more to get their hands on one of these 2012's.

I agree with Webby - shoot him an offer a little lower than that $19,999 that he's offered you, but be aware that they're not budging much on the cost right now. The 12's are in high demand and there are less of them to go around. I only got about $1,000 off MSRP and I bought mine right about the same time they announced the production cut.

I think you can get a better offer if you check out other dealerships. I got my 2012 civic LX for $18,900 a couple months ago before taxes and plates. Thats a good grand less than what your dealer is asking.

good idea is to request a price quote from surrounding dealers, like mentioned ^^

then compare the two, and go from there

Back