DIY Installing LED Lights In Dome Light 2012 Civic

29840_00006_Honda_Civic_8th_9th_T.jpg

this one

I do like the idea of red dome light while keeping the map light white. Cool idea!

Perhaps I'm crazy but this light seems completely different from the ones I have seen in any videos/DIYs and I'm assuming the LEDs I have probably won't fit that oddly shaped slot...

photo4.jpg

image1.jpeg

Perhaps we can find out which type this is and update the bulb replacement thread (that I went by unfortunately...)

Is there a bulb guide in the User Manual? That would be handy...I'm going to go look.
EDIT: All I found was that they are 8W, it tells you how to replace almost every bulb in the car except the Map/Dome lights it seems like.

Last edited:
Looks like they changed from a festoon to a 194 bulb

According to our fitment guide the 2013 Civic uses 194 bulbs for the Map and Dome Lights. Bases on the pictures above that confirms the new style bulbs being used.

Danny

I tried installing led bulbs in my map lights and now my dome light and map lights dont work. So i put the factory bulbs back in and it still want turn on. I cant find any post on this and im thinking i may have blown a fuse idk.

Last edited:
I tried installing led bulbs in my map lights and now my dome light and map lights dont work. So i put the factory bulbs back in and it still want turn on. I cant find any post on this and im thinking i may have blown a fuse idk.
definitely check your fuses.... #28 in the fuse panel under the hood

if swapping fuse doesnt fix it, try turning the T10 around. Polarity counts in DC :)

I was leaving the dome light on and thats what was causing the blown fuses. Everything works now and thanks for your help.

Something isn't right if it's blowing fuses by just being on for a long time.

Back