Is a 3" exhaust to big for a N/A engine?

What store has info on this product and is it stable seems like a lot of you all use it. The only thing I ever did was have my GSR tuned and they burnt a chip when it was at the best point.

Is there a big difference in sound from a 3 to a 2.5 inch. I remember on my GSR I just had 3 inch but I had a resonater in between the muffler to kill some of the ricey sound. It made it have a deeper tone. I have yet to use a full exhaust like greddy and would love to hear the sound. At my age I still love my toys but hearing high piched exhaust all day gets truly old. Anyone have any ideas on a old man exhaust for a 2013 si.

"...old man exhaust....." I love it. I wonder if a company could use that as marketing for a product.

The invidia Q300 is supposed to be fairly quiet with good gains. There are a couple other exhaust options with additional resonator/second muffler options. I can't remember off the top of my head though.

Is there a big difference in sound from a 3 to a 2.5 inch. I remember on my GSR I just had 3 inch but I had a resonater in between the muffler to kill some of the ricey sound. It made it have a deeper tone. I have yet to use a full exhaust like greddy and would love to hear the sound. At my age I still love my toys but hearing high piched exhaust all day gets truly old. Anyone have any ideas on a old man exhaust for a 2013 si.

When I first installed the full race cat back exhaust without the down pipe it sounded really really good. She had a very deep tone and as long as your under normal driving conditions...maybe is should re word that since my normal may not be yours. Well up until 3-4 thousands rpms it's is not loud at all. If your getting on it though it opens up, not a ricer sound at all.

Reactions: Nix
information on flashpro -
http://hondata.com/flashpro_2012si_acura_ilx.html

vitviper is the person you'd want to talk to if you're interested in flashpro. He does tuning without you taking the car to him. You send him files from the flashpro and he adjusts things based on your data logs. You do this all by email.

he has some combo deals on tuning/flashpro in his forum here -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/forums/flashprotuning-and-vittuned.134/

If you want to hear some exhausts, check out the link in my signature for your options. There are vids etc that show what choices you have.

Last edited:
Thankyou for all the info in your opinions what are some of the best exhausts and is it fine to go cat back or better to do the whole dam thing?

Do you have emissions testing where you live? A downpipe will provide large gains and you can get them in catless or with high flow cats.

Thankyou for all the info in your opinions what are some of the best exhausts and is it fine to go cat back or better to do the whole dam thing?

I feel a difference after just adding my down pipe, but there is also a dif in the sound. It is still deep with bass but also louder. I have a high flow cat on mine. Cat less would get louder for sure.

will the down pipe mess with the testing? I have heard of a header full exhaust but never really a down pipe.

will the down pipe mess with the testing? I have heard of a header full exhaust but never really a down pipe.
With our engine (k24z7) the "headers" are part of the engine so the down pipe just meets at the back of the engine where typical headers would.

The "downpipe" is the "header". It's just a single port. Pics in the link below my post. You do not want a catless version if you have testing. It's like ~$150ish extra for the high flow cat versions.

You can always get a defouler to beat the catless setup but a visual and easy to notice smell test will bust you. Also be nice to your fellow drivers, & the planet and get the catted version!

Normally, NA cars don't have downpipes since the exhaust side of the head will have outlets connected to a header, or headers depending on the engine size. The 2012 Si's K24 engine is an exception with having a downpipe since the engine's head has an integrated header collector on the exhaust side which has only one outlet.
The exhaust side of the K24 head is collected into one outlet. For example:
1111111nj.jpg

While the K20Z3 has 4 outlets (one from each cylinder) on the engine head:

0618091907.jpg

Does anyone have the side by side comparison between the RV6 DP and the Full Race DP. I cant seem to find the charts again. I want to see the numbers below 3000 rpm (it not like we are all hitting 5-7k between every stop sign). Thanks!

The catless will yield more power, no? Anyone have an Si with just the down pipe right now?

For what it's worth, I have both the full race 3" exhaust paired up to the catted downpipe. Sound is great. All downpipes seem to exagerate a "pinging" sound. Nothing major, but it will freak you out at first. I would say there seems to be power loss below 3k RPM, but my "butt dyno" claims there is a gain after 4k RPM. Which, lets be honest, if you want "performance" you probably dont stay below 3k often lol. I will get the dyno's done before and after I get flashpro.

And to answer the op, I don't feel 3" is too big, but its as big as I would go with NA. I specifically am going turbo, so I wanted 3". If you have no desire to go FI, then 3" is bigger than you would need. Also, if you wanna go low, like REALLY REALLY low, you will scrape a 3" exhaust on every speed bump and curb.

Overall I highly recommend Full Race if you decide to go 3".

Sweet, so since we are on the subject, any good exhaust set-ups out for the 2013 yet?

I actually have a tsudo 3" cat back exhaust on mine and it sounds AWESOME. I get complimented from people on the daily on how well it sounds. Especially for a civic. I'ts no raspy or farty at all. It almost sounds like a wrx with a cat back. I'd highly recommend this exhaust. http://www.semotors.com/tsudo-2012-civic-dx-lx-ex-n1-jdm-cat-back-exhaust/?gclid=CNjcxKLKh7oCFUVp7AodpHoAdw :turboleghump:

Back