JDM Emblems - Fake? Real? (UPDATED 5/29/13)

Free fast shipping from Corsport too! Totally worth it.

But if it's cheaper from the place they get theirs from, I'd order from there.

Yeah that's a good deal.. I might do the same, but I am really missing my 8th gens intake sounds. Might get the intake and flash pro before anything else.

I swear they are like $120 more for the 9ths for no apparent reason...

On your emblems. If I am getting this correct the H is flush with rest of the facing so the only thing that is creating the H is the cut out of the red plastic? What is the quality of the plastic are you going to have to replace after a few rocks get tossed up on it? It would almost seem you could just put a backing on the existing that you have already airbrushed with a quality paint and then put a clear cost over it for protection then use it as a backing for the original that would get the H to be risen. That would be a lot of work though.

The red background and chrome H are both sealed under a layer of clear. The H is not just a cutout. Its a chrome inlaid piece. It's a bit different than the stock H and it's a pretty solid piece. I don't think it will hold up any worse than the paint on your hood. It's all flush with the chrome edge around it also.

You could certainly try and make your own by setting the stock H onto some red background and then try to fill the whole thing with a layer of clear epoxy. For $100ish for both front and rear, it may not be worth the hassle. Let us know if you give it a try though. It might come out great.

OH, ok well the that is not bad. For the price you paid that is pretty dam good. The idea that I thought of would be long and drawn out and in the end would cost way to much in time and money.

Is there anyone here who isn't really feeling the JDM emblems anymore? I might actually keep mine stock.

Mine are still stock on my 07. :D

I didn't like the JDM emblems for the reasons that they resemble Type-R Hondas and that they are thief magnets. Some people like them bc it compliments the look of their cars.

I can identify with this.
I have the red emblems and won't go back to oem. I like the enameled look of the JDMs. I have CBP sedan, and may go to black/silver JDM though, just to draw attention AWAY from the car. The red JDMs look great but draw a lot of attention.

Last edited:
I put an overlay on my "replica". It's black with a white H on the front to match the plasti dipped one on the back.

Back