JDM Emblems - Fake? Real? (UPDATED 5/29/13)

http://www.kplayground.ca/product_info.php?cPath=19_99&products_id=471

Anyone have any comments on kplayground? I just want a black emblem for the rear and these look pretty good. I'm in Canada so this was the only easy shipping site I could find. I've shipped things from the US before and had 50$ brokerage fees applied at the border and it becomes a huge pain

Are the emblems for 2012's and 2013s the same size? Its hard to determine which year these are intended for, I've got a 2013 LX. Theyre in the 2013 section but it says 2012+ in the title.

Also, is installation as easy as Im thinking it will be? Pop off, pop on

http://www.kplayground.ca/product_info.php?cPath=19_99&products_id=471

Anyone have any comments on kplayground? I just want a black emblem for the rear and these look pretty good. I'm in Canada so this was the only easy shipping site I could find. I've shipped things from the US before and had 50$ brokerage fees applied at the border and it becomes a huge pain

Are the emblems for 2012's and 2013s the same size? Its hard to determine which year these are intended for, I've got a 2013 LX. Theyre in the 2013 section but it says 2012+ in the title.

Also, is installation as easy as Im thinking it will be? Pop off, pop on

2012/2013 are the same, so they'll fit. As far as comments....I'm not sure what you're wanting to know. Those are not real emblems, if that's what you're asking?

installation - little more involved than pop on/off
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/diy-jdm-badge-installation.6476/

^ Ok so long as they fit I'm satisfied. I was just wondering if anyone knew about the quality of kplayground's replica emblems. I mean they're just emblems so its not a huge deal but if theyre garbage quality I'd rather avoid them

For $50 and knowing it's a replica I would take the chance on them being ok.

Anything less than the real deal is subject to inferior quality. However, the only issue I have with fakes is if they are sold for full price and listed as being real. Say it's a replica and I won't be too dissapointed.

@CorSport has already gotten my business more than once on account of this. I wanted the real thing. Also their listed fitments for years/models have been spot on. Great work guys!

Not real, only us and ICB and Options sell the real ones.

Not true, we sell the legit ones as well. We're actually going to be doing an "unboxing" video soon to show the exact differences between the real ones and the fake ones, and how to spot those differences. The fake ones we purchased off eBay were actually labeled as being genuine Honda parts...very very shady. Right off the bat we noticed the quality was worse, blemishes and discoloration were present even before the emblems saw any sunlight or heat!

Not true, we sell the legit ones as well. We're actually going to be doing an "unboxing" video soon to show the exact differences between the real ones and the fake ones, and how to spot those differences. The fake ones we purchased off eBay were actually labeled as being genuine Honda parts...very very shady. Right off the bat we noticed the quality was worse, blemishes and discoloration were present even before the emblems saw any sunlight or heat!

This is so confusing....either it is authentic or it isn't. People need to just be honest.

OP: Did Honda release a red set of badges for the Japanese market 9th gen Civic? Or are these made by Honda in Japan but were never specified for the 9th gen Civic?

I'd like to see this but at the moment corsport will be earning my business on the emblems very soon

From Amazon. I separated the front emblem.
ruzu4epa.jpg

The entire piece is held with some sort of white adhesive. It looks like caulking. :giggle:
by2epugy.jpg

Last edited:
No offense, but is this really a huge deal?

All information on Page 1 points to the legitimacy of the said emblems. We're complaining about imperfections soo slight that they can only be noticed inches from one's face?

Maybe its worth considering how many of these are likely made at a time/in a day/on the same tooling... There will be minimal imperfections/difference. That's the "nature of the beast" of tooling and production. Hence the reason most tooling has wear out limits, either set by the manufacturer of the equipment in question or the customer utilizing said equipment (in this case, Honda.)

(No, I'm not referring to any of the blatant copies of the legitmate part.)

Back