JDM Emblems - Fake? Real? (UPDATED 5/29/13)

:yeahthat: I agree.

I can care any less for JDM emblems honestly since my car isn't a Type-R. Really, the only real emblems will be on the Type-R Hondas. There's no way to fully know if an emblem is genuine or a very high quality replica.

I only opened mine up to see what I can do with it. Lol. I was curious to see if I can change the inner red color without the use of an overlay. No dice so far.

The "grey" market vendors are "real" too. Otherwise, where did all the "grey" market badges come from? :zing!:

Also...none of them are REALLY authentic, because our car is not JDM. Get one that looks nice and be happy.
Which is why I bought them at less than half the price of guaranteed authentic ones. And they look great. Now that I'm tired of them, I can remove them knowing I didn't blow $125 on them. Only about fifty bucks. In fact, if I could find black "JDM" badges on ebay, I'd buy them. Kplayground has them for $125.00. No thanks.

I found the fit of the corsport emblems to be much better than the fakes. That was one of the main advantages I think. Also, had I gotten them for cheap I would not have cared. For full price they better be high quality.

I found the fit of the corsport emblems to be much better than the fakes. That was one of the main advantages I think. Also, had I gotten them for cheap I would not have cared. For full price they better be high quality.

Thanks Nix!

Reactions: Nix
That is a great vid! It confirmes that I got REAL ones for a great price. Everything is absolutely perfect on the emblems themselves, and the packaging, right down to the maroon backing, the opaque cellophane wrapper and brown cardboard!

That is a great vid! It confirmes that I got REAL ones for a great price. Everything is absolutely perfect on the emblems themselves, and the packaging, right down to the maroon backing, the opaque cellophane wrapper and brown cardboard!

Exactly same with mine. I was always told if it comes in bubble wrap it = fake... but I knew the procivic ones had to be real

personally, i really don't care about the real one. for exmaple, the authentic FD2 type r front emblem is $100 when i can buy the replica one for only $20. it isn't much different after installation.

I did have a question regarding this subject (Sort of)... Is it frowned upon to install these emblems on a EX-L that will never be modified for racing in any way? I am trying to stay as stock as possible & am not really into racing or paying for speeding tickets =P

@PRO Civic : I did watch your videos in the link above. Great job!

webby speaks truth. I will not be getting them. Though.. not because of that, but because the stock ones will help sell the car quicker when the time comes. I know it sounds dumb, but I actually sold my 8th gen Si for almost another grand when I finally put some stock H symbols on her again. Before that, I kept getting people trying to low ball me telling me they could tell I "riced" my car out because of the red H emblems.

EDIT: ...okay so I MIGHT pick some up in the future... lol :D They just look so damn nice on a white Civic maybe on some bronze wheels!

Back