K&N Typhoon Is Great Addition

ho killa jamming to some common kings lol auuryte....but on a serious note sounds good

yup, got the common kings, hawaiian wahine, beautiful hapa kids, :) and now an Si. we go back every year.

immajackuup: you said "intake will only produce 5hp and 4 or 5 tq"

Yeah, so what's your point? I shouldn't have bought it, I shouldn't enjoy it? I should be only 5hp happy and I'm acting more like 15 hp happy? Btw, you spent more on your Takeda than I did, got the same 5hp and you work under Hondas like mine all day. Do you regret buying yours? And while we're at it, why that avatar? Thanks.

immajackuup: you said "intake will only produce 5hp and 4 or 5 tq"

Yeah, so what's your point? I shouldn't have bought it, I shouldn't enjoy it? I should be only 5hp happy and I'm acting more like 15 hp happy? Btw, you spent more on your Takeda than I did, got the same 5hp and you work under Hondas like mine all day. Do you regret buying yours? And while we're at it, why that avatar? Thanks.
1.I love my ava
2.not talking **** just saying because I thought it would produce at least 8hp
3.my taketa cost the same as yours K&N
4.I don't regret buying my takeda
5.check those videos out,was kinda shock that it only make 5hp.4 to 5 tq. gen

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmEqDI3QjyY

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4potwsYLY3g

1.I love my ava
2.not talking **** just saying because I thought it would produce at least 8hp
3.my taketa cost the same as yours K&N
4.I don't regret buying my takeda
5.check those videos out,was kinda shock that it only make 5hp.4 to 5 tq. gen

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmEqDI3QjyY

View:
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4potwsYLY3g

I've seen those videos before.
I paid $257 shipped 2day delivery no tax. (Amazon prime) Not bad!
Just try to keep it positive. Look back at the thread and you'll see that no one was talking about hp or tq. Your comment out of the blue like that looked like flaming.
BTW, your takeda looks great.

Wow, what a difference in sound between stock and K&N. Is the difference in intake note really noticeable in-car?

From what I could find on the net, the Takeda doesnt make much sense to me unless you could hook a hood scoop to the end of it or custom a pipe to go straight down like a could air. It shaped much like the stock air box as a far as it's exit/entry point. I think you could get the same with a KN&N airfiler and resonator delete. IMO.

The KN&N short ram looks pretty cool though. It's not too hot in MI except a few months out of the year.
I have been thinking maybe going Short Ram lately though because there seems to be a dip sometimes in 2nd or 3rd in the low rpm ranges(pretty sure its not my shifting :confused:), maybe a short ram would of set this a little...?

From what I could find on the net, the Takeda doesnt make much sense to me unless you could hook a hood scoop to the end of it or custom a pipe to go straight down like a could air. It shaped much like the stock air box as a far as it's exit/entry point. I think you could get the same with a KN&N airfiler and resonator delete. IMO.

The KN&N short ram looks pretty cool though. It's not too hot in MI except a few months out of the year.
I have been thinking maybe going Short Ram lately though because there seems to be a dip sometimes in 2nd or 3rd in the low rpm ranges(pretty sure its not my shifting :confused:), maybe a short ram would of set this a little...?
afe is like comptech ice box,not gonna say anything more because op get mad.

Wow, what a difference in sound between stock and K&N. Is the difference in intake note really noticeable in-car?

Yes. When you want it to be. When I drive my wife around in my car (rarely), it's easy to keep it subdued . . . she can't even tell I changed anything. You don't even know its there. But get on it and it roars far more than stock sound. As far as hp and tq, is it faster? Who knows. To me, sound is an integral part of driving. This adds a missing element without droning on 24/7 like a loud exhaust that you can't get away from. The car acts and sounds way better to me with the Typhoon.

I got my daughter a gopro2 for surfing and just ordered a suction cup assembly so I can use it. When I get it, I'll post a better vid.

Yes. When you want it to be. When I drive my wife around in my car (rarely), it's easy to keep it subdued . . . she can't even tell I changed anything. You don't even know its there. But get on it and it roars far more than stock sound. As far as hp and tq, is it faster? Who knows. To me, sound is an integral part of driving. This adds a missing element without droning on 24/7 like a loud exhaust that you can't get away from. The car acts and sounds way better to me with the Typhoon.
I would have to agree 100% with colint. :brock:

I got my daughter a gopro2 for surfing and just ordered a suction cup assembly so I can use it. When I get it, I'll post a better vid.

Nice. I appreciate the feedback.

Once Hondata comes out it won't really matter which one you have. The tune will extract more from your mods. Either intake will be utilized better and you'll be able to maximize your gains.

So I have finally video'd from in the car. It is a ten minute drive at rush hour. You'll get a very good idea of how the car reacts with the Typhoon in it. If you watch all ten minutes, you'll need therapy . . . or a hobby, haha.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4ZA7xgiEr8&feature=plcp

Back