K&N Typhoon Is Great Addition

i always thought it was more about sound control(deadening) you're right tho... no offense and and none taken... its all good... you're just trying to help, thank you bro... :)

No problem.

The sound control is part of what the manufacture is trying to do, which is why factory intakes/air boxes/tubing are so restrictive. In the case of the Si, it is actually designed to produce a noticeable intake sound as well as pull in some cooler air.

colint once you put the TB spacer in, did you get a little whistling sound when you step on the throttle?

colint once you put the TB spacer in, did you get a little whistling sound when you step on the throttle?
Yes. I called P2R about the torque settings for the bolts and asked them about the whistle. I was told that it should not whistle if torqued down properly @18f/lbs. I used a torque wrench . . . it still whistles, but only under hard throttle. I don't mind it at all. It's not leaking air. According to P2R, if it was, it would throw a CEL.

Yes. I called P2R about the torque settings for the bolts and asked them about the whistle. I was told that it should not whistle if torqued down properly @18f/lbs. I used a torque wrench . . . it still whistles, but only under hard throttle. I don't mind it at all. It's not leaking air. According to P2R, if it was, it would throw a CEL.
Oh ok, I had one on my truck and it whistled. I loved it. But I though it was because it had a pattern inside It to help smoother airflow. The p2r doesn't have it so I thought it wouldn't do it. I just got mine as an early present so I'm going to put it on one of these days

To speak on the whistling. I do notice a whistle when I gun it but I think its coming form somewhere else. I dont have the p2r.

Installed this with my buddy about 2 weeks ago. No issues at all so far. Love. It. You can definately hear the tone change when the V-tec cross-over happens. It's a tight squeeze if you add the throttle body spacer but I just had him pull back on the intake(after its mounted in) as i slipped on the tube to the throttle body. I used some high heat ceramic paint (available at any auto parts place) to add the stripe, I think it sets it off nicely.

Attachments

• KT Phone Pics 1-13 999.jpg
    KT Phone Pics 1-13 999.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • KT Phone Pics 1-13 995.jpg
    KT Phone Pics 1-13 995.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • KT Phone Pics 1-13 996.jpg
    KT Phone Pics 1-13 996.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
Installed this with my buddy about 2 weeks ago. No issues at all so far. Love. It. You can definately hear the tone change when the V-tec cross-over happens. It's a tight squeeze if you add the throttle body spacer but I just had him pull back on the intake(after its mounted in) as i slipped on the tube to the throttle body. I used some high heat ceramic paint (available at any auto parts place) to add the stripe, I think it sets it off nicely.
Nice choice! Glad it all fit together for you. Sounds great, too, when yo want it to.

I have this SRI intake ordered and it's on it's way now...I was looking at the installation guide and step 10 I believe where it talks about the coolant lines...I'm not 100% on what to do there...I'm a rookie and haven't done any kind of install like this before...could you clarify what to do here? Any closer clearer pics of this step? Thanks!

I have this SRI intake ordered and it's on it's way now...I was looking at the installation guide and step 10 I believe where it talks about the coolant lines...I'm not 100% on what to do there...I'm a rookie and haven't done any kind of install like this before...could you clarify what to do here? Any closer clearer pics of this step? Thanks!
IIRC, make sure you do the job when the engine's cold. Like leave it overnight. I kept a small golf pencil handy to close off the hose while I worked. A mini vice grip works too. So disconnect the hose from the TB side and leave it on the engine side, put the K&N together, then measure the hose to see how much you need to clear the new setup without kinking the new line. Cut it to length, disconnect the old hose at the engine (I stuck the end of the pencil in to stop the slighr leak of coolant), and replace it with the new hose. If you wait ovenight, there's little pressure in the lines and you won't lose much. I lost about a tablespoon of coolant an just poured bottled water over the area when I was done.

But you are corect. This was the one step that I was worried about too. It's a cinch. Good luck.

Here's a picture of it. Red outline is the new breather hose. Yellow is the new coolant line. I ran it underneath the unit. Hope this helps.

Here's a pic. Red is breather, yellow is coolant. Just make sure you make them long enough to not crimp. I ran coolant under the K&n unit.K&N.jpg

iVTec small Pic.jpg Just had to post his because it really is a beautiful motor. Sorry about the crappy phone pic.

Back