Kevv's '13 FB6 Build thread

Well clutch is in and I have to say wow I never thought swapping the clutch would make such a big difference but the car grabs great and now you can REALLY feel the torque lol.

View attachment 46896
View attachment 46897
View attachment 46898
View attachment 46899
View attachment 46900
View attachment 46901
View attachment 46902
View attachment 46903
Woww!! You did the clutch to... thats great... any idea what that sensor is for in the last pic at the top of the tranny?? I notice fluid leaking from mine sometimes.. the top most sensor just to the right of the clutch counterweight...
Also, im not trying to be a know it all, your biuld is alot cleaner then mine, but when i expose the intercooler (like the pic for my profile) its amazing how much faster the car is.. cools the air so much more.. i wonder if you can do something like that... it would suck to get rid of that front bumper though...

Woww!! You did the clutch to... thats great... any idea what that sensor is for in the last pic at the top of the tranny?? I notice fluid leaking from mine sometimes.. the top most sensor just to the right of the clutch counterweight...
Also, im not trying to be a know it all, your biuld is alot cleaner then mine, but when i expose the intercooler (like the pic for my profile) its amazing how much faster the car is.. cools the air so much more.. i wonder if you can do something like that... it would suck to get rid of that front bumper though...
have no idea ill have to look at it when i get home!

and the bumper on the 2013+ sedans unfortunetly dont have a big enough opening that would make a difference like the coupes...otherwise i would do what you did lol

How much of a PITA was it to swap the clutch? I know some day way down the road I will have to do mine and I'm already dreading it. Also did you resurface the flywheel or get a new lightweight one?

How much of a PITA was it to swap the clutch? I know some day way down the road I will have to do mine and I'm already dreading it. Also did you resurface the flywheel or get a new lightweight one?
i had to get a brand new 8th gen flywheel , its the only one that will bolt up to this clutch...and honestly its not that bad just alot of work,....what made it tougher for me is that i had to remove some intercooler and turbo piping to get to the trans which obviously will be easier for someone non-turbo'd...

I wonder why they made the flywheels different? Are they the same diameter but just different bolt patterns on the pressure plate?

At least its an easy swap. Would have been so much easier for aftermarket support if it was the same exact part.

At least its an easy swap. Would have been so much easier for aftermarket support if it was the same exact part.
well CC does have a lightweight flywheel that works but ive read alot for turbo a lightweight flywheel isnt the best ad that oem is better....

I think there are several different schools of thought on that. But your preference is all that matters on your build.

Back