Kevv's '13 FB6 Build thread

Have you checked all of your oil fittings to make sure you don't have a small leak somewhere? I know it sounds trivial but I'd hate for you to pull the whole thing apart just to find out you had one fitting that was loose. Is the smoke coming from under the car or out of the exhaust?
Everything is on there tight I doubled checked and I pulled the intake off the turbo last night to check for oil residue cause that would be the first thing you will see if the turbo was bad and everything was spotless soo it's not the turbo. It's precision's journal bearing turbo's that just smoke a lot when you start the car and goes away when the car is driven. I am confident in our install so I'm just going to put everything back together and fix the wastegate (left 15psi worth of springs in it lol) and just enjoy the car

Have you checked all of your oil fittings to make sure you don't have a small leak somewhere? I know it sounds trivial but I'd hate for you to pull the whole thing apart just to find out you had one fitting that was loose. Is the smoke coming from under the car or out of the exhaust?
And it's coming from the exhaust

What is the potential that it could just be extra unburnt fuel if its coming from the exhaust? I'm assuming your just running a basemap at the moment and with the change in injector size I would assume your running extra rich at the moment. I don't know if you have an AFR gauge, but It would tell you for certain.

What is the potential that it could just be extra unburnt fuel if its coming from the exhaust? I'm assuming your just running a basemap at the moment and with the change in injector size I would assume your running extra rich at the moment. I don't know if you have an AFR gauge, but It would tell you for certain.
i think that might be the issue aswell because like i said it smokes when i start it and let it idle but it goes away as soon as i drive it...alot of 9th gens with the precision journal bearing smoke...but goes away when driven...heck...prl couldnt really give me a solid answer ...they said they had a couple cars smoke every now and then with no real explanation...just that its a journal bearing turbo lol.....like i said i checked everything and its installed correctly and tight ....i am running 1000cc injectors and 5w-30 oil...might just need to continue to tune the car....

I'm not too familiar with turbos smoking, but I would try smelling the smoke. Most of the time it has some sort of distinct aroma that indicates what may be causing it.

I'm not too familiar with turbos smoking, but I would try smelling the smoke. Most of the time it has some sort of distinct aroma that indicates what may be causing it.
the car is fine...not burning any oil......so far out of all the 9th gens ive spoken too with the journal bearing precision has a smoking car at idle lol.....

iVuwk5P.png

Back