May 2015 Non-Dragon Official Business Thread

Looking at showing up probably the 19th or 20th and then heading back on the 24th. Need to finalize a few things but should be able to make it out, although I'll probably spend most of my time near the Dragon/Skyway/etc.

don't think i can make this one. last two semesters of engineering school = senior design project. i got a pretty good one with Penske so i don't wanna screw this up which means i'm putting in a crapload of hours every week for the next ten months or so...

I'll probably be coming in May, but I'm not sure when, I may have 1 or 2 others coming. I can't commit to a full week, so I have to pick what part of the week I can make it down.

Assuming we make the final payment we have a cabin from Saturday May 16th until Saturday May 23rd. There are 4 individual beds but can accommodate 5, maybe 6. Not sure if it's already full... we'll see who sends in money first.
Another cabin is still available next door. I just checked -- If another 4 - 6 guys wanted that one it'd be $787.50 (all in) for Wed to Sun, May 24th. But because it's close to Memorial Day weekend i'd recommend booking it soon.

Updated attendees:

Nix
@Bruce Bartlow
@Dennis Rockholt[/QUOTE]
gregporter

Definite Maybes:
bootyluver
mattsbobo
NBFD891 (but will be doing more Dragon area)
Berndonfat
Last but certainly not least... Death_Roll and a couple friends. That would be a-maz-ing!

Last edited:
Last Fall the road on the way there was falling apart. It may have been fixed by now but I don't know that for sure.

Which reminds me... that road to the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest was even worse. But it was an absolute blast to drive, especially with @Nix trying to climb up my tailpipe.

Reactions: Nix
Half of Wayah road is repaved. Following the road S to N, approx directions, the upside of the mountain from the South is terrible but once it starts down on the North side it's all fresh pavement.

Also, April 15th is the cutoff for refunds on deposits. PM me and ill give you paypal details.

So far, no one but me, Bruce, & greg porter. lolz......... Guys this trip is gonna be wicked. Yea, I'm from the NE, WICKED.

Which reminds me... that road to the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest was even worse. But it was an absolute blast to drive, especially with @Nix trying to climb up my tailpipe.
The road up to the overlook in Joyce Kilmer is where the Dragon Hillclimb is staged. A neat drive and a great view once you're there.

@Nix Put me down for the night of the 16th and send me details on how much and who to pay. Might see if I can swing the night of the 17th if I can get that Monday off.....I'll update you later on.

The road up to the overlook in Joyce Kilmer is where the Dragon Hillclimb is staged. A neat drive and a great view once you're there.

upload_2015-3-5_9-46-22.png

I still have to see what weekend I'll be able to attend with other people I know. I barely get any time off work because of my stupid ******* job, so hopefully I'll be starting another soon after the May meet.

The fall meet will be Sept 17-20, 3rd week again to avoid all of the biker nonsense.

Hmmm... Usually I'm out of town for our anniversary (May 12th) but we are not going away this year since we have other vacations planned... Maybe I could see if I could come down to the Dragon twice this year...

Back