• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

May 2015 Non-Dragon Official Business Thread

SpartanML

Well-Known Member
280
443
NW NJ
Vehicle Model
Honduh
Body Style
C O O P
There has also been a major F-up at my work and I might not be able to come. Frigginretardsdamnit..... however, the house rental is final and the trip is still on.

Aw seriously? C'mon Nix not cool.
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
@Nix... you gotta know -- you're such a big part of this party you gotta make it. I just can't see doing 5,000 miles and 8 hotels unless you're there.
Might as well wait for September... right guys? That's what i'm thinking.
 

death_roll

Well-Known Member
3,780
2,593
Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
I already put my time in for work. Maybe I can reorganize it into the official pre-game meet before September?
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
It might be best to hear from Nix first... he should surface any time.

Despite all the chatter the last several hours, Nix has been insistent that the cabin remain available for those who paid and even others who made plans, reservations, etc and agreed to pay later. (Besides yours truly, Greg Porter has downpayment skin in the game too, and probably others like Santiago) Not sure why... but it's possible Nix is having a hard time getting a refund from the owner, i don't know. Yesterday he and I had two PM's but he didn't mention finances at all. I'm sure he'll bring it up... or maybe he plans on covering the remaining balance by himself as compensation for throwing us under the bus! (sorry, couldn't resist) Otherwise, I suspect everyone wants to know where they stand in terms of refunds coming or balance due to make this happen.

It's important to remember that we're past the 60-days when a full refund is automatic. It's gotta be negotiated. So in thinking out loud, if the money's been spent (and unrecoverable) somebody should jump in and use the cabin. (Like us?) In other words, either use the cabin or get a refund... but don't let $1,500 go down the toilet. That would be stupid.

Bottom line? If Nix is a no-show I'd rather move this shindig to September using the same cabin already paid for (best done a few days before the regular Dragon meet so there's no conflict) even if there's a small penalty for moving dates. But everyone with a vested interest should weigh in first.
 

SpartanML

Well-Known Member
280
443
NW NJ
Vehicle Model
Honduh
Body Style
C O O P
I'm all for moving the cabin dates as well if (and that's a big if) we can't recover the costs. I wouldnt mind doing a few days in a different locale in September if the Tail area gets too busy.
 

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
10,765
8,162
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Sorry guys, I work nights and it's hard for me to find time to jump online in the middle of the day. Once I'm at work it's just been too busy to try and pop on then either. So...

It's paid for.

I took a gamble and said F-it, Im booking it. Things got royally screwed up at work and I can no longer get the days off as planned. Buh....of course.

I would rather you guys just go and use it. It's possible I will still be there for at least a couple days just not the whole week as planned. Hence, I'm not canceling anything. There are more than a few people who were thinking of just coming for a couple days as it is.

Basically, guys,

Bruce as long as you are going to be there Saturday to Saturday. Go use the house. Money is gone either way. Invite anyone you know.


I would most likely be there Sunday/monday/tuesday.
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
Wow Nix, that's a generous offer. Youdaman.

--Problem is, the man might not be there. :stickpokesmiley: Assuming your employer doesn't tighten your ball and chain further, your plans of S/M/T will -- at best -- be Sunday afternoon to Tuesday late morning or something like that.
A day and a half is not what the crew bargained for. Not entirely your own doing, just saying.

--Has the owner actually denied a refund or at least a re-schedule? A re-schedule with a penalty? Anything?
 

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
8,325
5,484
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Type R
Body Style
hatch
I are sad @Nix won't be around much. Gives me less time to install the light goodies I was planning to bring up with me......:giggle:


I am up for whatever is decided....If I end up loosing a bit of cash to make a refund work for everyone, it is fine with me.
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
I are sad @Nix won't be around much. Gives me less time to install the light goodies I was planning to bring up with me......:giggle:


I am up for whatever is decided....If I end up loosing a bit of cash to make a refund work for everyone, it is fine with me.
________________
I are sad too. :sinking: Maybe things will change... but he can't make any promises right now.
Would you @Nomar06 still be up for Blood Mtn, per the original schedule?
 

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
10,765
8,162
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I didn't request a reschedule or refund of any type. I figure it was my screwup and you guys had already committed to these days and taking time off work. I'm not gonna leave you guys hanging like that.

So everyone please please go, tear it up, and ill be there if I can. I am disappointed too. BUT! I do want a report on the roads in that area. I want to know if they are worth trying to hit again at some point in the future. It's something that's been talked about for a while but it was always such a long drive from Fontana to the Diamondback that it wasn't do able.

Also I want to know what you guys think of the Waynesville 215/276 loop.
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
Nice try... but that idea has been nixed. If you're not there, i'm not there. End of story. The other guys are flexible too... and everybody wants to see you there.
So if you can't commit to at least that Sun/Mon/Tues you talked about, call the owner and re-schedule for the week of September 12 - 19. I mean what's a few more months? And it'd be sweet to have a pre-Dragon event on the eastern side.

Needless to say, if the owner flatly refuses to succumb to your irresistible negotiating skills-- even if you offer to pay a penalty ($150-250?) and give up any right of cancellation -- that's different. We'll go.

But at least ask him. Please.
 

SpartanML

Well-Known Member
280
443
NW NJ
Vehicle Model
Honduh
Body Style
C O O P
I didn't request a reschedule or refund of any type. I figure it was my screwup and you guys had already committed to these days and taking time off work. I'm not gonna leave you guys hanging like that.

I have plans but I am by no means committed to the cabin, I can change things on the fly still.

If you're not there, i'm not there. End of story. The other guys are flexible too... and everybody wants to see you there.
So if you can't commit to at least that Sun/Mon/Tues you talked about, call the owner and re-schedule for the week of September 12 - 19. I mean what's a few more months? And it'd be sweet to have a pre-Dragon event on the eastern side.
Needless to say, if the owner flatly refuses to succumb to your irresistible negotiating skills-- even if you offer to pay a penalty ($150-250?) and give up any right of cancellation -- that's different. We'll go.

But at least ask him. Please.

I have to agree with Bruce here on all points, I think you should at least explore trying to get out of the cabin or rescheduling while there's still some time left.

I am fully willing and able to move my plans entirely to the Dragon area at this point.
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
(Make sure you read the last few comments above)

Still can't believe your generosity, @Nix. Willing to give your buds the cabin while you grind it out back in radiology. What a guy.
Before I go knocking door to door (or PM to PM) asking whether guys are still coming -- and making sure i'm not completely alone --
find out whether we have the re-schedule option. That's a better bet than doing it without you...seriously.

Make it happen, captain.
 

death_roll

Well-Known Member
3,780
2,593
Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
I'm committed to going late in that week, the 21-24th, so I'll need to know if anyone else is planning on still going and having the cabin for either the first half of the week or the whole week. I will have one other guest in tow, and we can possibly stay in Robbinsville instead if the cabin thing falls through.
 

Specter

Well-Known Member
6
19
Kansas City
Vehicle Model
Subaru
Body Style
Sedan
Sorry to hear about this @Nix. Although I was only planning on being at the cabin a few days, I'm interested but only if you are going to make it. Otherwise I am set for moving my trip to TOD.
 

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
10,765
8,162
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Honestly, if you guys still want to go then go. I don't want any money from anyone and I am "sofa king" sorry I can't go. Serious. I am very embarrassed about this.

Id rather pay it and have you guys go blast around on my dime and let me know how it is. I know more than one of you has arranged days off from work and stuff. I am possibly going to be there Sunday/Monday/Tuesday and I'm still counting on doing that.

So tell me, you guys in or out? Cabin/house is paid already. The cost to cancel doesn't make sense to me.


@death_roll - House is only reserved until the 23rd. Have to be out by 10am. If you are planning on staying to the 24th make sure you have lodging for that night. I may have discussed this with you already but I just want to make sure.
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
Most guys want to re-schedule if you're not coming. If you're coming we're still on.

Sounds like you plan on coming but can't promise anything. If that's accurate we should re-schedule to Sept 12... or cancel if it's not too expensive.

We don't even need the entire week of Sept 12. So as a concession for the re-schedule (if he wants one) do Sept 12th - 17th.
 
Top