• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

May 2015 Non-Dragon Official Business Thread

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
Since Nix put me on the reservation yesterday, I emailed the owner with a request for Sept 12 -- just to see if it's a possibility. (We don't even need the full week since TOD starts on Wednesday.)
Hope I didn't overstep my authority.
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
Terrific news. Spoke with the owner "Ivan" and he's totally cool with a re-schedule. Told him we'd decide soon and let him know within 1 - 2 days.
Below is his written response about the cancellation charge, which at 50% is about $750.
The only thing we'd lose are the VRBO fees for processing the refund, although to save the $750 we'd have to firmly commit to another date.

If it's okay with @death_roll, i say we accept his offer and work on a pre-Dragon (or post Dragon) event instead, not wanting to interfere with TOD in the least.
It would simply add an eastern venue for those who wish to come early or stay late.

What say you?

_________________________

Hi Bruce,



I understand about not wanting to be here without Tobias since it is a reunion.



Although our cancelation policy is 50% refund within 60 days of the date of arrival, we are willing to work with you since you are planning to come in September which is a splendidly beautiful time of year here in the mountains.



I will accept your reservation request for the September dates and once it has been accepted by you and it is on our calendar, I will see that the 50% forfeited amount we receive from VRBO is returned to you (or Tobias) upon receipt in our bank account. FYI – VRBO is slow to pay so it may be up to 15 days before you see that refund.



If you have any further questions or issues, please call me at 828 675-4691



Cheers,



Van
 

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
53,242
22,842
that means nix eats $750 if you cancel though...no? I'm pretty sure that's why nix was just telling everyone to go enjoy the place & he'd try to make it there for 3 of the days.
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
that means nix eats $750 if you cancel though...no? I'm pretty sure that's why nix was just telling everyone to go enjoy the place & he'd try to make it there for 3 of the days.
_________________
Well.... it's tricky. The owner is saying that if we re-schedule -- and firmly commit to the next date by paying for it, the owner will return the penalty (the $750) to Nix, less whatever processing fee is charged by the broker.
In other words, the only way to save the $750 is by paying for the next reservation. If we simply canceled our current booking, Nix (and I) would lose the money.

We all understand Nix will make every attempt to come, but he has also said a few times -- mostly in PM's -- not to expect him at all. That's causing some confusion, and doubt.
It's really a crisis situation at the hospital where he works, they refuse to bring in temps so any time off is very much in limbo.
Everybody can see it's incredibly generous of Nix to offer the cabin and not expect any further payments. I mean, really, it's amazing.
At the same time, several guys (and there aren't that many to begin with) have expressed serious reservations about coming without Nix there.

So it's a risky situation. I think we'd all like to make this happen... still. But everybody now needs to decide whether they can accept the risk of Nix not coming... or the other
guys who have one foot out the door.

As for me, driving from California? Obviously I need to know big time. Without some firm commitments, the thought of a sure thing in September looks like the better bet.
 

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
8,325
5,484
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Type R
Body Style
hatch
that means nix eats $750 if you cancel though...no? I'm pretty sure that's why nix was just telling everyone to go enjoy the place & he'd try to make it there for 3 of the days.


I believe from what I am seeing here is that if we cancel outright, then it would be a $750 penalty. If we reschedule to another date(sept) then we would loose out only on the VRBO fee....
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
I believe from what I am seeing here is that if we cancel outright, then it would be a $750 penalty. If we reschedule to another date(sept) then we would loose out only on the VRBO fee....
_______________________
You understand perfectly.
 

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
8,325
5,484
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Type R
Body Style
hatch
_______________________
You understand perfectly.


:bananasplit:

For me, I will show up on the original May date I said I would go if the group decides to still go in May. If we decide to reschedule, then please use a portion of my funds to pay for any penalties you would incur and keep the rest to save a spot for me on the Sept trip.

Since this will be decided fairly soon and seems that the Sept reschedule would fall right before or after the Dragon, then I am thinking I could take a week off from work and have a great vaca with my 9thcivic.com peeps!
 

SpartanML

Well-Known Member
280
443
NW NJ
Vehicle Model
Honduh
Body Style
C O O P
I would also gladly put some funds towards covering the penalty fees. I believe we could make a very interesting and unique September experience by adding an "eastern expansion" per se.
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
By the way, Nix and I can handle the cancellation fee if that's the way we go. Anybody else who chipped in (like you) gets a full refund as far as i'm concerned. But first i'd prefer to re-schedule, regardless of when that might be.
Heck it could even be June or as soon as things settle down with Nix. Whatever you guys wanna do is fine with me. I'm just looking for guys to make a firm commitment so I can load up the car!
:bananasplit:

For me, I will show up on the original May date I said I would go if the group decides to still go in May. If we decide to reschedule, then please use a portion of my funds to pay for any penalties you would incur and keep the rest to save a spot for me on the Sept trip.

Since this will be decided fairly soon and seems that the Sept reschedule would fall right before or after the Dragon, then I am thinking I could take a week off from work and have a great vaca with my 9thcivic.com peeps!
________________
You got that right!
 

death_roll

Well-Known Member
3,780
2,593
Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
Terrific news. Spoke with the owner "Ivan" and he's totally cool with a re-schedule. Told him we'd decide soon and let him know within 1 - 2 days.
Below is his written response about the cancellation charge, which at 50% is about $750.
The only thing we'd lose are the VRBO fees for processing the refund, although to save the $750 we'd have to firmly commit to another date.

If it's okay with @death_roll, i say we accept his offer and work on a pre-Dragon (or post Dragon) event instead, not wanting to interfere with TOD in the least.
It would simply add an eastern venue for those who wish to come early or stay late.

What say you?

I'm all for moving the date to September, the week of the Dragon meet (9/13 - 9/20), that way we can have a pre-meet before the Dragon meet starts on that Thursday. Bruce, Nix, and the rest of the crew can all be together again for shenanigans.

But I still might go in May, only for a long weekend and stay in Robbinsville.
 

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
10,765
8,162
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Ok guys. If everyone is cool with that then that's what we will do. I just wanted everyone to be certain and I didn't want anyone who had arranged time off from work to be stuck. I feel really bad about this. Ill email Ivan today.


My work situation is really messed up and looks to be that way for the rest of the summer.
 

SpartanML

Well-Known Member
280
443
NW NJ
Vehicle Model
Honduh
Body Style
C O O P
@Nix, you were offering to do a super awesome thing for us by holding the cabin, but we didn't want you to miss out on this and have to eat the costs. So don't feel bad, life gets in the way but it's no reason to punish yourself. We can all adjust accordingly, and hey look at the bright side, the September trip, which is really the main trip is gonna be way more interesting now.
 

death_roll

Well-Known Member
3,780
2,593
Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
I'm probably still going down for the end of May, anyone still wanna join? I'll prob stay in Robbinsville.

For Sept, it's either 50/50 that I'll have the RS, with the current setup I'll be vanishing too quickly. Might change up cars again in later summer / early fall to keep things interesting.
 

Bruce Bartlow

Late apex everything
1,499
843
Sacramento, CA
Vehicle Model
Wishlist: 911 (haha) and.... ?
@Nix... let me help out with Ivan. He says not to book with VSRO. Cabin is cheaper through him directly. I'm game for a September 12 or 13th start, giving us 4/5 days before TOD, and a day in between to catch our breath.
 

SpartanML

Well-Known Member
280
443
NW NJ
Vehicle Model
Honduh
Body Style
C O O P
Ok, officially here are my dates: I will be making a Dragon trip with @NBFD891 arriving on Monday, 5/18, and departing either Friday 5/22 or Saturday, 5/23. We will be staying in Robbinsville, anyone interested in meeting us down there just let me know ahead of time.
 

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
8,325
5,484
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Type R
Body Style
hatch
@Nix... let me help out with Ivan. He says not to book with VSRO. Cabin is cheaper through him directly. I'm game for a September 12 or 13th start, giving us 4/5 days before TOD, and a day in between to catch our breath.
If the owner has a brokers company and you end up doing a deal directly with him, make sure you have everything on paper and try to get signatures. I work for a property management company and know that things can get "interesting" when the owner does their own deals without the mgmt company.
 

death_roll

Well-Known Member
3,780
2,593
Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
Ok, officially here are my dates: I will be making a Dragon trip with @NBFD891 arriving on Monday, 5/18, and departing either Friday 5/22 or Saturday, 5/23. We will be staying in Robbinsville, anyone interested in meeting us down there just let me know ahead of time.

I will be down Thursday 5/21 and leave Sunday 5/24, or even Saturday 5/23 depending on how memorial day traffic is.

@bootyluvr were you thinking about going down in May also?

Any spots open at the microtel? If so I'll be reserving tomorrow.
 

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
21,207
8,112
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
I will be down Thursday 5/21 and leave Sunday 5/24, or even Saturday 5/23 depending on how memorial day traffic is.

@bootyluvr were you thinking about going down in May also?

Any spots open at the microtel? If so I'll be reserving tomorrow.

I was thinking about it... Let me talk it over with the wife later tonight. I wish it was closer :(
 

death_roll

Well-Known Member
3,780
2,593
Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
I was thinking about it... Let me talk it over with the wife later tonight. I wish it was closer :(

closer as in April? Or just want now to be May so we're only a week or two away from it.

Just reserved a room at the Microtel for May.
 
Top