Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Entire building! :eek:

It's going to be a HOT one today. 99F before heat index. Humidity is going to be down to 62% with dew point at 71F.

I'm going to a few sites early (about to leave now) to do some things before it gets too hot.

Made it back. What and adventure. Time to pull the tranny. View attachment 61252

Lemme know if you want another set of hands!

Morning!

I've been assigned to help an entire building today :D

IT'S LIKE I'M A LITERAL DOMAIN ADMIN

okay okay calming down

2d50e68f0b289df3dd5695a21098af7c.jpeg

How do you typically support your users? That's actually just how things are here. We're all assigned a building that we support. I have one of the smaller buildings at around 350 users. And then we have back up for 2 other buildings in case that tech is out.

we support 14 companies and almost 1k employees, our helpdesk team is 6 people, operations teams is 4 people and my team has 6 people

How do you typically support your users? That's actually just how things are here. We're all assigned a building that we support. I have one of the smaller buildings at around 350 users. And then we have back up for 2 other buildings in case that tech is out.

I think last count I had 46 buildings/locations. But some of those locations have only 5 PC's/users while the larger ones have 100+ users.

We break it down by "territories" (North (1 main as it's smaller area) - West (2 guys) - East (myself and a co-worker) - Central (few techs as it's a bigger area) )

:D

My team of 7 supports the whole university campus together (technically several thousand, but the help desk soaks up a lot of them) , but defers to other departments when we run into red tape. For example, if a user is having phone trouble, then we defer to Telecom, etc. Generally, we don't get whole buildings to ourselves officially unless there's a reason -- today we're moving everyone to fancy Teams phones, so I'm there to cut down on what would have been call-in central.

I think last count I had 46 buildings/locations. But some of those locations have only 5 PC's/users while the larger ones have 100+ users.

We break it down by "territories" (North (1 main as it's smaller area) - West (2 guys) - East (myself and a co-worker) - Central (few techs as it's a bigger area) )

Please tell me you yell 'EAST SIDE" and throw hands when people ask what territory you work in.

:D

My team of 7 supports the whole university campus together (technically several thousand, but the help desk soaks up a lot of them) , but defers to other departments when we run into red tape. For example, if a user is having phone trouble, then we defer to Telecom, etc. Generally, we don't get whole buildings to ourselves officially unless there's a reason -- today we're moving everyone to fancy Teams phones, so I'm there to cut down on what would have been call-in central.

Ah yes. The inevitable onslaught of calls when a new product is launched. Good luck! Hopefully it's not to crazy.

* We have a Telcom team but since there are not that many of them usually they will re-assign the service requests/tickets to my team as we are out in the field...
* Interesting. Never knew they made Teams phones... We just have Cisco VoIP phones.

Found this on the Microsoft Website. This the brand you all got?

MP56-MicrosoftTeams-en-us-20200409T205853-2.png_Large.png

Please tell me you yell 'EAST SIDE" and throw hands when people ask what territory you work in.

:rotfl: I've been on the "EAST SIDE" for a while now. Think it's been 8 years.

Ah yes. The inevitable onslaught of calls when a new product is launched. Good luck! Hopefully it's not to crazy.

It's not too bad -- had one serious issue where I got to be like

"Yeah, that's Telecom"

And that was it.

* We have a Telcom team but since there are not that many of them usually they will re-assign the service requests/tickets to my team as we are out in the field...
* Interesting. Never knew they made Teams phones... We just have Cisco VoIP phones.

They're Polycom brand -- they look similar, but their screens are portait oriented instead of landscape. We had Yealinks at the old dentist office I was at -- and the joke was always "More like NAYLINK AMIRITE!?" after it would drop calls.

If you've been on the east side that long, you're a real OG!

All this IT talk. The IT folks I work with now are horrible and that’s being polite. They have to manage 150,000 employees worldwide though. I can’t tell you how big or small the team is. I really miss the personal interaction with IT while in a small(er) company.

Nice. I'm guessing you work for a MSP?
i actually work for the parent company who owns all of the other companies, its weird and hard to explain......they are all private owned by the same owner......we are essentially a holdings company

we tested the teams phones and they were awful, they constantly locked up and you would miss calls all the time, not sure if they have gotten better over time but we just ended up abandoning the idea

Really? Almost 12 hours since I posted and NO replies? Wow... #disappointed

I literally just popped on here while finishing up my day. Work has been busy. I’m doing an exec level presentation that I’m prepping for while trying to do my other work. Such excitement. Yeah, it’s only Tuesday but it’s also, already the end of Tuesday.

Back