Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I hate California because it’s owned by a bunch a plutocrats. I love it because it’s beautiful and has chill people. California’s dope. The people who run it are a bunch of greedy criminals.
You have jusy perfectly described how i feel about California. I've met some really awesome folks from there, but y'alls leadership is bending you over and i hate it for you. What other state has ever sent out an IOU for state tax refunds?

Since I work for the state, I can't get overtime pay; However, I do get comp time -- so I have to balance this day out with a day off.

Yeah we don't get OT either unless it's a special project. I do get comp time also like you. I'd rather have the money as I rarely take the time off.

going for a high paying job to low paying job, seems like that's in the wrong direction. :badger:

It's my position as a State-Level "Educator". Since I work as a Technician at a State University, Texas treats me like a Teacher. All of the money that I am to earn is granted to my department at the beginning of the year. Because of this, overtime compensation is impossible for me. I can only either receive more time off, or I have to balance my days back out later in the year. The plus is that management literally finds ways for us to be able to go home early because they want to keep even the hint of us working over down. The downside of course is that you can't make any more than what they tell you at the beginning of each fiscal year.

The pandemic taught me a new appreciation for being paid this way, though. I'm assured pay until September of any given year -- so I at least had that confidence when this all started. It looks like they're gonna leave my department alone this year, too so there's that.

I'm glad that you were able to find a position with a better work/life balance. It's always alarming when I run into folks who disregard that -- your health at a job in relation to what you make is super important.

Oh Ok I got you. I am finishing up my first week of orientation so tomorrow is technically my first day kinda. My position requires a certification that I am waiting for a school date to open I believe some time in mid September but they are allowing me to come in Mon-fri to do basic administrative stuff to make hours while I wait for my class date.

Happy Monday! I had another fun day at the autocross track yesterday. A friend of mine was driving this Lotus Seven that his friend built from scratch.

117865140_10223255842445824_7235843166622082615_n.jpg

Happy Monday! I had another fun day at the autocross track yesterday. A friend of mine was driving this Lotus Seven that his friend built from scratch.

117865140_10223255842445824_7235843166622082615_n.jpg

A Lotus Seven! :excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:
OMGOMGOMG It's beautiful!

Good Morning, everyone! It was nice and like 74 degrees this morning, so the Civic drove like a champ. Even though this weekend was a real battle, it's kinda nice to see the kids roaming around campus again -- mask and all. I was gonna bring the board until they told me that **THE CHANCELLOR** was visiting today, so I gotta wait.

Back