Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I usually steer well clear of those.. most times (in my experience) they have not been looked after. Not always true, but more often than not a lot of things get pushed off for later, i.e routine maintenance. I've known lube techs that call themselves "mechanics" and drive clapped out 240's and try to make the mechanic owned thing a high point

I usually steer well clear of those.. most times (in my experience) they have not been looked after. Not always true, but more often than not a lot of things get pushed off for later, i.e routine maintenance. I've known lube techs that call themselves "mechanics" and drive clapped out 240's and try to make the mechanic owned thing a high point
agreed. being a mechanic myself, when i see ads that say this i start to laugh. its like saying "woman owned". i dont get why people this this is a good thing, it doesnt add anything to your sale. or "highway miles", mileage is high, doesnt really matter how they were accumulated. in fact driving at one rpm a lot can be worse for the engine. at least some say this.

When my dad, who is also a mechanic, sells a car he doesn't say "Mechanic Owned" for the reasons that you've said-- it doesn't really inform anything. It's meant to *imply* that it's been taken care of, but if that's evident from the get-go, then one wouldn't need to say that.

If you have a reputation locally for keeping your car(s) really nice, people will come out of the woodwork.

agreed. being a mechanic myself, when i see ads that say this i start to laugh. its like saying "woman owned". i dont get why people this this is a good thing, it doesnt add anything to your sale. or "highway miles", mileage is high, doesnt really matter how they were accumulated. in fact driving at one rpm a lot can be worse for the engine. at least some say this.

When my dad, who is also a mechanic, sells a car he doesn't say "Mechanic Owned" for the reasons that you've said-- it doesn't really inform anything. It's meant to *imply* that it's been taken care of, but if that's evident from the get-go, then one wouldn't need to say that.

If you have a reputation locally for keeping your car(s) really nice, people will come out of the woodwork.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Good Morning :)

Good Morning

tenor.gif

got a message last night. guy offered me over $1000 less than i was asking for my golf. i said no thanks and he comes back with $500 more. i then ask him if he always negotiates the price of vehicle before he even looks at them. unbelievable.

Got around to test fitting some of the stuff for the nitrous kit. Gonna run the fuel line from my fuel rail with this fitting. Pretty much the last thing I need. I’m gonna get some anchors to run the lines under the car. Besides that some Teflon paste and fuel hose to protect the lines running through the trunk and we should be good to install. Been sick since the 31st so should start getting the strength back to do the install. 7602204B-9AF4-4832-BBAA-8035EF02A40B.jpeg

@Nomar06 prl keeps sending me notice that they are releasing their bolt on 600hp turbo for the fk8. Type r’s are calling my name lol

Started on the steering wheel cover. It is as hard as most of the reviews say it is. Time consuming. I messed up a couple times and might have to re do it. Overall the quality seems good. Fits well. Doesn't feel much thicker.
Wish I had some torx bits at home to remove the two controls on the sides. As im writing this i rememberd that I do have torn bits I just bought.

Finished this morning. All of the parts I dont like are all my fault. If you take your time to do this it would turn out 100% I mainly got this to try it out and if I liked it I'd probably purchase one for my civic. They provide enough thread to do it at least 3 times. Enough tape for at least 2 times. Obviously you learn from your mistakes and I could do a much better job the second time. I'll leave it for now. If it bothers me or if the golf doesn't sell soon I may re do it.

The tape they provide is much thinner than you think and cannot be felt through the leather. The instructions provided are translated to English kind of poorly. If I grip it tight and twist I can feel it move slightly so I'm not sure how that will be over time. Next time I'd use more tape, its just tricky because once it sticks its difficult to position it.

I think the reason for the wrinkles on the one side is because of how I sewed it. I started at one of the bottom then did the entire top and finished with the second bottom. Should probably do both bottoms and finish with the top.

Back