Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Got around to test fitting some of the stuff for the nitrous kit. Gonna run the fuel line from my fuel rail with this fitting. Pretty much the last thing I need. I’m gonna get some anchors to run the lines under the car. Besides that some Teflon paste and fuel hose to protect the lines running through the trunk and we should be good to install. Been sick since the 31st so should start getting the strength back to do the install. View attachment 62357
Wait for meeeeeee! :D
Finished this morning. All of the parts I dont like are all my fault. If you take your time to do this it would turn out 100% I mainly got this to try it out and if I liked it I'd probably purchase one for my civic. They provide enough thread to do it at least 3 times. Enough tape for at least 2 times. Obviously you learn from your mistakes and I could do a much better job the second time. I'll leave it for now. If it bothers me or if the golf doesn't sell soon I may re do it.

The tape they provide is much thinner than you think and cannot be felt through the leather. The instructions provided are translated to English kind of poorly. If I grip it tight and twist I can feel it move slightly so I'm not sure how that will be over time. Next time I'd use more tape, its just tricky because once it sticks its difficult to position it.

I think the reason for the wrinkles on the one side is because of how I sewed it. I started at one of the bottom then did the entire top and finished with the second bottom. Should probably do both bottoms and finish with the top.

Looks pretty good. Those imperfections are even noticed til you're right up on it.

I tried to wrap a steering wheel like 10 years back. I gave up real quick haha. Looks good man. Good job.

I tried to wrap a steering wheel like 10 years back. I gave up real quick haha. Looks good man. Good job.
Its not fun. Its not super difficult either. Its just tedious work. I think it's a great alternative to getting a buddy club wheel. Im not sure how the "carbon fiber" looks. Im thinking of doing leather sides and suede top for the civic.

@Nomar06 prl keeps sending me notice that they are releasing their bolt on 600hp turbo for the fk8. Type r’s are calling my name lol
Do it!!!! Lots of support is out there and still being developed. I believe someone broke into the 9s in the 1/4 mile.

It snowed about 5" at my house.. still snow on the ground this morning! Most, if not all, of it will be gone by this afternoon

Back