Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Are banks jacking up interest rates because of the car? I can’t imagine being okay with getting something more than 5%

wait, you’re in Canada.

Are banks jacking up interest rates because of the car? I can’t imagine being okay with getting something more than 5%

wait, you’re in Canada.
i dont know. the guy said it was based on my current credit, which im not sure what he means. all i gave him was the vin, not sure if its possible to run a credit check with only that. also didnt really give him permission to do so.

What’s going on?
Work was shut down for a while with the whole pandemic, but I had to continue working since I was essential. There was a 3 month stent with working 7 days a week. I took on additional responsibilities and wound up firing a handful of people for internal theft. To top it off my roomate just got over having the virus.

Work was shut down for a while with the whole pandemic, but I had to continue working since I was essential. There was a 3 month stent with working 7 days a week. I took on additional responsibilities and wound up firing a handful of people for internal theft. To top it off my roomate just got over having the virus.
sorry man. Did you at least clear overtime during that 3 month run, or are you salary? Hang in there

i dont know. the guy said it was based on my current credit, which im not sure what he means. all i gave him was the vin, not sure if its possible to run a credit check with only that. also didnt really give him permission to do so.
They prob ran a soft credit check based on generic info and prob are trying to squeeze some coin out of you.

The Honda dealer I bought the R from tried playing games and lost out. They initially were wanting a 4% or 5% apr from me. I told them my credit is over 800 so it should not be that bad and my local bank was giving me 1.9%. Hour later I get another email from the Honda dealer saying they can match the 1.9% but I have to buy GAP insurance.

I said no thanks, going my my local bank.

I’ve been in this same scenario with the last couple cars I bought. Always had great credit and dealer just wants to play with the customers thinking the can get some money off the customer because you are wanting “this” car.
Some consumers are more knowledgeable now than before but there are still people that don’t know **** when it comes to simple finances and won’t say no to dealers. So dealers will play their games all the time.

What kind did you get/make?

How's the female trainee doing?

I just make the regular lipton tea and it was extra nice this morning since it was 30 something degrees

Shes doing good.. usually new guy problems though.. shes never worked in the automotive industry

They prob ran a soft credit check based on generic info and prob are trying to squeeze some coin out of you.

The Honda dealer I bought the R from tried playing games and lost out. They initially were wanting a 4% or 5% apr from me. I told them my credit is over 800 so it should not be that bad and my local bank was giving me 1.9%. Hour later I get another email from the Honda dealer saying they can match the 1.9% but I have to buy GAP insurance.

I said no thanks, going my my local bank.

I’ve been in this same scenario with the last couple cars I bought. Always had great credit and dealer just wants to play with the customers thinking the can get some money off the customer because you are wanting “this” car.
Some consumers are more knowledgeable now than before but there are still people that don’t know **** when it comes to simple finances and won’t say no to dealers. So dealers will play their games all the time.
My credit is over 800 too ( its gone way down since the start of the pandemic for some reason)

I'm over the subaru for now. I'll play with my civic for another year or just pay it off.

a 2018 wrx popped up on marketplace and made me think about trading the civic for it.

tenor.gif

My credit is over 800 too ( its gone way down since the start of the pandemic for some reason)

I'm over the subaru for now. I'll play with my civic for another year or just pay it off.

Oh okay, crisis averted.

Last edited:
Back