Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Anyone have first hand experience replacing their stock wheels with light ones? Been looking at rims for a while and was doing a comparison between my stock wheels and something like a konig hypergram and the difference is pretty large. The internet says the stock 18s are 29lbs and the hypergrams are around 17lbs.

The xxrs I had for a little qere 26lbs and I didn't notice much of a difference.

@Janz3n Yep! I'm down a little over 35 lbs a wheel to somewhere in the ballpark of 12-14 pds with what I have now. Bear in mind my wheels are a fair amount smaller than what you're wanting (15s), but the difference was noticeable. I don't know how to describe it, but the car feels different when it's at-speed, and when I do slow turns. It's not gigantic, but those steel wheels were real boulders.

@Janz3n Yep! I'm down a little over 35 lbs a wheel to somewhere in the ballpark of 12-14 pds with what I have now. Bear in mind my wheels are a fair amount smaller than what you're wanting (15s), but the difference was noticeable. I don't know how to describe it, but the car feels different when it's at-speed, and when I do slow turns. It's not gigantic, but those steel wheels were real boulders.

That's a much bigger difference in weight. I just realized I put steel wheels with winter tires on my 10th gen and haven't noticed a difference.

If anyone is interested. I saw this on an Instagram post and searched it out. Thinking of getting one. I've wanted a a/f gauge for a while but didn't want to drill holes in my column cover for a Perrin mount.

Anyone have first hand experience replacing their stock wheels with light ones? Been looking at rims for a while and was doing a comparison between my stock wheels and something like a konig hypergram and the difference is pretty large. The internet says the stock 18s are 29lbs and the hypergrams are around 17lbs.

The xxrs I had for a little qere 26lbs and I didn't notice much of a difference.
There is some decent info in this thread

There is some decent info in this thread
I can't stand that guy. I got in a heated conversation with him a year or two ago about something I forget about now. I followed him on instagram for a while until all he posted was wheel studs inside wheel holes. I'll take a look at that thread later.

Also. I'm not a huge fan of the hypergrams, they're only like 1 pound less than other wheels I like more. I'm having a hard time figuring out what wheels I want or if I should buy any at all. Plus I want to figure out a good back spacing and possibly spacer set up because the fronts need a tad bit more poke than the front. But I don't want to rub. The xxrs I had were +35 but like 9.5 wide and rubbed too much to enjoy. Not sure if a 8.5 wide rim at +35 would be better or not.

I also want to order a front lip and side skirts and repair my driver front fender at the same time but not sure I want to spend that money either. I'm super stingy with money, I hate wasting it.

I can't stand that guy. I got in a heated conversation with him a year or two ago about something I forget about now. I followed him on instagram for a while until all he posted was wheel studs inside wheel holes. I'll take a look at that thread later.

Also. I'm not a huge fan of the hypergrams, they're only like 1 pound less than other wheels I like more. I'm having a hard time figuring out what wheels I want or if I should buy any at all. Plus I want to figure out a good back spacing and possibly spacer set up because the fronts need a tad bit more poke than the front. But I don't want to rub. The xxrs I had were +35 but like 9.5 wide and rubbed too much to enjoy. Not sure if a 8.5 wide rim at +35 would be better or not.

I also want to order a front lip and side skirts and repair my driver front fender at the same time but not sure I want to spend that money either. I'm super stingy with money, I hate wasting it.
Yea I just thought the thread could be helpful..not necessarily the initial post. It has a bunch of comments on various wheel designs and what things weigh for comparison.

heading to chicago this week for work and i think i might die from the cold

Doesn't look as bad in picture but the golf go stuck on the road trying to get out of my driveway.
The 10th gen civic with 4 snow tires just plows through it.

I’ll trade you all this rain we have for that snow....deal?

It’s been raining since last Thursday. Getting some sun today....supposedly.

Id take the rain, I'd still be able to go work. Turns out a lowered golf with 225 "winter" tires makes for an awful winter car. Couldn't get down the street after shoveling the driveway.

We maybe got 3”, but then it’s supposed to snow another 3 or something during the day. More storms this week

Back