Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

My back hurts from shoveling now. This made me want a wrx pretty bad.
did you measure how much snow you got? Only bad thing about the wrx is it has like 5.7 inches of ground clearance in stock form (if I remember correctly). While you can plow and push through dry snow, there is a limit when it gets wet and nasty. I've seen some swap to the forester suspension in winter to get more ground clearance.

These are from the past two days. Our pipes are frozen now...

But we still have power!

Attachments

• PXL_20210214_132844212.jpg
    PXL_20210214_132844212.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20210215_133834549.jpg
    PXL_20210215_133834549.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
This ^ run some water if you lose power to prevent the pipes from bursting

Morning :wave:

Hope everyone has a good day.

:( - I hate winter... Even though we've lucked out this year so far (where I live) and also the past few years. But still f winter/cold/snow/ice lol

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM THURSDAY TO 6 AM EST FRIDAY

* WHAT...Heavy snow along with sleet and freezing rain. Total snow
accumulations around 3 to 6 inches with ice accumulation around
one to a quarter inch.

* WHERE...The Washington and Baltimore Metropolitan areas.

* WHEN...From 3 AM Thursday to 6 AM EST Friday. Snow will begin
between 3 and 5 AM. Snow will change to a mixture of sleet and
freezing rain during the late morning and early afternoon hours.

* IMPACTS...Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the
ice. Travel could be nearly impossible. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow Thursday morning will be heavy at
times with snowfall rates around 1 to 2 inches per hour possible
along with visibility reduced to around one-quarter mile at
time.

did you measure how much snow you got? Only bad thing about the wrx is it has like 5.7 inches of ground clearance in stock form (if I remember correctly). While you can plow and push through dry snow, there is a limit when it gets wet and nasty. I've seen some swap to the forester suspension in winter to get more ground clearance.
i did not. but it was more than 6 inches for sure. my 10th gen was plowing the snow but i was determined to get the kids to school. i think the solution to the wrx height issue is getting coilovers that you can adjust up for the winter. but knowing me id probably just get lowering springs and leave it alone.

i did not. but it was more than 6 inches for sure. my 10th gen was plowing the snow but i was determined to get the kids to school. i think the solution to the wrx height issue is getting coilovers that you can adjust up for the winter. but knowing me id probably just get lowering springs and leave it alone.
They made the kids go to school with 6+ inches of snow?

Wait it's Canada... They go no matter what. Snow isn't a big deal to ya'll.

It snowed some more this morning. Pipes have at least some water coming through right now as of half an hour ago. Boiling it for hot water.

Several of my friends don't have power, and haven't had it for at least 24 hours now. I don't have reliably running water right now.

I am sorry for disregarding everyone's warnings about snow not being actually fun outside of photos. Snow is not fun.

Snow is *not* fun.

Attachments

• PXL_20210217_153242391.jpg
    PXL_20210217_153242391.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 6

Wait it's Canada... They go no matter what. Snow isn't a big deal to ya'll.
Lol. As long as we can drive them or walk to the school they're going. Main roads were all clear it was just the subdivision roads that weren't clean yet.

Parts of the country that commonly get a ton of snow have a LOT of snow plow crews. They know how to handle clearing roads, and there are areas that require passenger cars to use snow tires as well.

I've seen so many videos on TikTok of pipes burst in Texas. Crazy!
Is it just the way things are built out there? No insulation or something? I don't get it. How cold is it? I've got a hose hooked up to my outside tap still. Lol.

when i lived in houston the water line into my house came up out of the ground and had a 3ft uncovered vertical before going into the side of the house. Pipes were all run up into the attic, above the blown in insulation, without any insulation of their own, in the summer time you cant get anything but warm water out of the tap.

short answer: yup, they dont build for cold at all

Is it just the way things are built out there? No insulation or something? I don't get it. How cold is it? I've got a hose hooked up to my outside tap still. Lol.
A lot of people have lost electricity, so they’ve lost all power/heat... so then the house eventually becomes the temperature outside. Not exactly common to have wood burning fireplaces in Texas, so tons of people are having their pipes burst. Also in cold area they tend to put outside water valves with deep insets. So the “shutoff” for the valve is reset deep into the wall in the insulation to prevent it from freezing. A home in the south wouldn’t normally pay for that type of shutoff since they don’t normally see freezing stuff. The valve for the shutoff is basically on the exterior wall. Cheaper to make and sell.

Back