Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

The whole Ted Cruz thing is pretty bad.

We have had similar things happening in Canada. A lot of politicians had gone on Caribbean vacations during our "lock down" where the government has been urging everyone to stop non essential travel. They all resigned since.

We have had similar things happening in Canada. A lot of politicians had gone on Caribbean vacations during our "lock down" where the government has been urging everyone to stop non essential travel. They all resigned since.
I doubt Ted Cruz is going to resign but what do I know.

At least your ***-clowns have enough dignity to resign. Cruz threw his kids under the bus and hit the gas pedal.

His excuse was that his kids were off from school for a week and wanted to so somewhere “last minute”. So he was accompanying them to make sure they got there ok and flew “right back”.

Funny thing is that his return flight was a week later.

I hope I am dead and gone when this US/World finally implodes, all at the hands of the people “in power” that are in it only for themselves to live a posh life paid by the poop/regular folks.

There are now reports of Texans having electric bills in the thousands of dollars. One person was over $10,000.

Somehow, their electric companies are like a dime a dozen and can surge charge based on demand.

One lady has a rental house that is empty with the heat at 60 degrees so things didn’t freeze. So her power bill was like $5,000.

Poop is insane.

I wonder if this is gonna be like a regular thing every winter now? Super cold temps this time a year.

There are now reports of Texans having electric bills in the thousands of dollars. One person was over $10,000.

Somehow, their electric companies are like a dime a dozen and can surge charge based on demand.

One lady has a rental house that is empty with the heat at 60 degrees so things didn’t freeze. So her power bill was like $5,000.

Poop is insane.

Yeah, we have companies like Griddy that change their prices based on 'Market Demand' for power. So in a situation like this, the demand for power is treated like a stock. Since everyone was using their heat to keep their house from being freezing and to try and save their pipes from bursting, the drain was alot higher than normal.

And so the 'stock' shot up. :oops:

Last I checked, at normal rates, a megawatt hour was like 50 bucks with Griddy. Not that bad, right? A Megawatt powers about 500 households for a whole year.

But let's say like this week-- it shoots up to $9,000.

Now we have a problem. if someone had their heat at like some baseline temperature this week, that's about 18 dollars an hour for Griddy to break-even if everyone in a certain area had their power running. To turn a profit, they have to hike it a little more -- so lets say it's about $22. That goes up or down depending on how hot you had it, and how many units your house has. Griddy charges in real time, so the $5,000 now becomes scarily plausible. It's bad enough to where people are being asked to leave Griddy to save themselves.

So right now, if you had this stuff on with Griddy all week with no stops -- and lets say one unit, you're looking at a ballpark of $2,640 on top of whatever last week was.

...And so, servicing electricity like a stock becomes next to predatory during an emergency. :oops:

I wonder if this is gonna be like a regular thing every winter now? Super cold temps this time a year.
I wondered this, too!

It's been getting to where it lightly snows pretty regularly right before spring starts here, but its usually gone in a day. This is the first time in my entire life I've experienced snow for a whole week.

anyone who was still on Griddy after the first year it was a thing was taking a gamble and they knew it. i remember the first summer they were active and people got hit with surge pricing that their "more expensive" old energy plan would have absorbed. Im honestly surprised they had enough customers to remain a thing after that

anyone who was still on Griddy after the first year it was a thing was taking a gamble and they knew it. i remember the first summer they were active and people got hit with surge pricing that their "more expensive" old energy plan would have absorbed. Im honestly surprised they had enough customers to remain a thing after that

It *was* weird hearing that they were still servicing so many people -- I mean, sure if you get in while it's low, it probably sounds enticing-- but I totally agree about the gambling part. It's just sorta hard to watch the worst case scenario play out like this.

I got dang ol' TXU so I'm expecting a fat but not fatal bill :confused:

Better than water damage!

ordered the left side this morning. guy is out of michigan, over the boarder from me so it shouldnt take too long to get. now i just need to get a afr gauge. also looked into wiring the afr into the ecu using the secondary ect sensor wiring so flashpro can read the data. apparently the aem gauge is more acurate and usually read up to .88 difference than the o2 sensor.

il_1140xN.2381928267_7yqx.jpg

Is the wiring running through the vent?
im not sure. i havent really looked into the install yet. i know the whole carbon fiber trim panel pops out, i know a lot people are worried about the heat damaging the gauge. i may make a block off for that vent or something.

I kind of feel bad, just ordered an aem gauge off Amazon to save $60 instead of buying from a parts store.

I'm having what seems like way too much trouble finding info I need. Ect2 is at the bottom of the rad on the driver's side correct? Hondata info says ect2 signal at the pcm is on connector a terminal 44. When I check for continuity from ect2 connector to the pcm connector I have non and the wires are different colors.

Pcm connector a is the first one on the left ? White connector.

So I just checked all the pins on connector a until I found the ect2 green wire with continuity. Turns out it's a34 which hondata states is the eld pin.

Last edited:
Back