Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Moving in to a new place in 2 weeks and it's further from work that where I live right now. Currently looking for a cheap daily since our cars aren't too great with highway mpg's

Curious, how far are you going to be away from your work? Gotta be far unless your cars only get 15 mpg

Currently, I live about 20min from work and it's all normal 35-45mph driving. Where we are moving will be about an hour away and it's all highway. With the rev's being as high as they are when cruising at 70mph my car eats through gas. I can usually go 1.5 weeks before I need gas

Currently, I live about 20min from work and it's all normal 35-45mph driving. Where we are moving will be about an hour away and it's all highway. With the rev's being as high as they are when cruising at 70mph my car eats through gas. I can usually go 1.5 weeks before I need gas
Your si get bad mileage on the highway? I can easily get above 30mpg doing about 70mph.

Busy Morning. Been to a few sites. Just getting to my office. Hurrying up and eating lunch before 1pm WebEx meeting.

Currently looking for a cheap daily since our cars aren't too great with highway mpg's

I HAVE A RECOMMENDATION

4c42224c9c3473b0eadfc9a92e3f5492.gif

Oh man. My old Si gets 22 on the surface streets and if I’m medium range freeway, 30 mpg, upwards of 35 on long cruises on the highway, even with 18” summer tires.

Unless you’re hitting an early 90s Geo, or full hybrid, you’re not gonna get a lot more bang for your buck…assuming your car acts like you say and gets crap mileage at speed.

It might be subliminal, but I feel like I get worse mileage on the highway
i get around 30 mpg on my ride to work going about 60mph with a couple stops. maybe you have an underlying maintenance issue? or a heavy foot?

Two more years until it's paid for.
I get a major dopamine rush out of driving nice cars (like Santi's R) or even rowing through the gears of an old '12 Si. But here's a dose of sobriety:

Seems to me most ppl underestimate the cost of owning them. It's not only what a car costs, it's the opportunity cost as well. "Opportunity cost" being the opportunity lost. If you spend $400/mo on a car and insurance (or an extra car) that's almost $5,000/year that could be used for other things... a house, a savings account for a later purchase, investments, you name it. And a bunch of ppl spend far more than $400/mo.

So "paid for" always has a nice ring to it, regardless of what it is. A paid for house, for example, means you're now living rent or mortgage free (except for taxes, maintenance) which leaves tons of money for other things. Fun things. Having a paid-for car is somewhat similar in that the hard part is over. Now you get to drive at a discount assuming the car is still in good shape.

Proof: The IRS isn't in the habit of giving money away. So why do they allow a write-off of .56/mile when a car is used for business? Because that's their estimation of average vehicle expenses, which hasn't changed in years unfortunately. If you drive a BMW or Mercedes it could be double that.... but .56 is all you're getting from Uncle Sam: https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/standard-mileage-rates

But with new car prices averaging ~$43,000 now, that's .43/mile in depreciation alone... assuming 100,000 miles. Your exact cost will be different depending on your circumstances. Just don't forget to add sales tax, registration, financing, insurance, gas, tires, brakes and all the maintenance over 100,000, 150,000 miles or whatever you do. Whatever you're driving, you're paying good money. Make every mile count!

Weeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllll... I wouldn't go that far
lol. you want to buy another car. i get it. everytime something kind of cool gets traded in im all over it. saw a red 2 door convertible mini cooper yesterday.

70mph... about 3,200 in 6th?

I get a major dopamine rush out of driving nice cars (like Santi's R) or even rowing through the gears of an old '12 Si. But here's a dose of sobriety:

Seems to me most ppl underestimate the cost of owning them. It's not only what a car costs, it's the opportunity cost as well. "Opportunity cost" being the opportunity lost. If you spend $400/mo on a car and insurance (or an extra car) that's almost $5,000/year that could be used for other things... a house, a savings account for a later purchase, investments, you name it. And a bunch of ppl spend far more than $400/mo.

So "paid for" always has a nice ring to it, regardless of what it is. A paid for house, for example, means you're now living rent or mortgage free (except for taxes, maintenance) which leaves tons of money for other things. Fun things. Having a paid-for car is somewhat similar in that the hard part is over. Now you get to drive at a discount assuming the car is still in good shape.

Proof: The IRS isn't in the habit of giving money away. So why do they allow a write-off of .56/mile when a car is used for business? Because that's their estimation of average vehicle expenses, which hasn't changed in years unfortunately. If you drive a BMW or Mercedes it could be double that.... but .56 is all you're getting from Uncle Sam: https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/standard-mileage-rates

But with new car prices averaging ~$43,000 now, that's .43/mile in depreciation alone... assuming 100,000 miles. Your exact cost will be different depending on your circumstances. Just don't forget to add sales tax, registration, financing, insurance, gas, tires, brakes and all the maintenance over 100,000, 150,000 miles or whatever you do. Whatever you're driving, you're paying good money. Make every mile count!

Get outta here with that responsibility

lol. you want to buy another car. i get it. everytime something kind of cool gets traded in im all over it. saw a red 2 door convertible mini cooper yesterday.

When I worked at BMW it was real bad. We had so many cars that came in that I would fall in love with, or I would get to drive (since I was a porter).. it was very unhealthy :rotfl: hasn't gotten much better with working in a body shop

Moving in to a new place in 2 weeks and it's further from work that where I live right now. Currently looking for a cheap daily since our cars aren't too great with highway mpg's
Well, the new Type R will get you there faster! And you'll be relieved to know the '22 model is confirmed to have a manual transmission. Imagine that.

Something like that.. Really been thinking about the TSX 6th gear swap. I'm not sure how much the rpms would drop with the lower final drive ratio, but it's gotta be better than what I have right now
Honda's have always been good on gas at 3k or under. It's just no fun to drive that slow. :hitit:

Back