Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Y’all talking about the looting makes me giggle. It’s a weekly thing here in Chicago. People have been driving stolen cars into Gucci, Louis Vitton, Nordstrom, etc. so often that the police had to put up concrete barricades to choke traffic.

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm goofing off for Thanksgiving, as being too weird for my family to engage with has finally paid off.

anime-girl.gif

Huh? :confused:

So you don't see them/spend time with them?

Nope. Years past I've had to play Thanksgiving Personal Question Bingo and now that I'm 30 I know they'll get worse. I'm tired of trying to get my extended family to treat me like an adult.

Greatest Hits Include:

-When I'm finding a girlfriend
-When I'm moving
-Can you fix my laptop/mobile device
-Do I do anything besides watch Anime and eat Instant Ramen
-Why are you so thin

So this year I'm going to the Thanksgiving game; Raiders @ Cowboys instead. I'll be in a Honda-related shirt if I get on the Jumbotron.

Nope. Years past I've had to play Thanksgiving Personal Question Bingo and now that I'm 30 I know they'll get worse. I'm tired of trying to get my extended family to treat me like an adult.

Greatest Hits Include:

-When I'm finding a girlfriend - none of their business
-When I'm moving - None of their business
-Can you fix my laptop/mobile device - Yes if you pay for the repair
-Do I do anything besides watch Anime and eat Instant Ramen - Well... I can't argue with them on this ;) lol just kidding :P
-Why are you so thin - as long as you are health.. who gives a ****.. smh

So this year I'm going to the Thanksgiving game; Raiders @ Cowboys instead. I'll be in a Honda-related shirt if I get on the Jumbotron.

Damn man. :oops:

Never had to go through that personally. Well.. once my wife and I got married for a good solid 2-3 years (sometimes even still) we got asked "when are you having kids?". That was annoying AF but then I got to the point where I didn't give a **** and said "we don't want any." and people gave me the :confused: what do you mean you don't want any face...

I'll be watching for you! Go Raiders :rotfl: I don't care who wins.

In my 36 years of living today was the first time I've ever asked for a raise. I've almost always been given raises at the right time since. Asked for $3 more, sounded good in my head and when talking to my wife but kind of a lot when asking my manager.

So long as you say it with conviction, you'll get
I think I did. Also asked to bump my eye benefits up because my daughter wears glasses and usually replace the lenses twice a year due to scratches. I only get $100 a year towards glasses right now.

I took a random shot at moving in to a spot in our corporate office and I have an interview in a few weeks. Doubt I'll get it but weird **** happens sometimes

Tell them if you don't get the spot that I'll drive by your job and rev REAL LOUD at 3AM until they do!

In my 36 years of living today was the first time I've ever asked for a raise. I've almost always been given raises at the right time since. Asked for $3 more, sounded good in my head and when talking to my wife but kind of a lot when asking my manager.

Good Luck!
#36GangGang

I took a random shot at moving in to a spot in our corporate office and I have an interview in a few weeks. Doubt I'll get it but weird **** happens sometimes

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

figured im in a good position to ask, only guy out of three in the shop that is fully trained to be able to do any warranty work, longest in the shop with a license, make the most hours all the time.

I’m 33yo and I’ve asked for a raise every year for thirteen years. Our company gives us “annual” raises every 14-18mo but I always ask for a performance raise as well. I’m now making four times what I did when I started. Just think about how much more you might be making now if you would’ve asked years ago. Don’t be afraid to value yourself and your work.

Edit - Didn’t realize it’s only been thirteen years. Thought it’s been fifteen. Haha.

Last edited:
I’m 33yo and I’ve asked for a raise every year for fifteen years. Our company gives us “annual” raises every 14-18mo but I always ask for a performance raise as well. I’m now making four times what I did when I started. Just think about how much more you might be making now if you would’ve asked years ago. Don’t be afraid to value yourself and your work.
thats why im asking for $3. i had a dollar or two raise about 3 years ago.

thats why im asking for $3. i had a dollar or two raise about 3 years ago.
You guys in the auto industry deserve it. I’ve got a friend who’s a Service Advisor that started off as a Lube Tech and he’s told me all about how y’all have to just work at full speed all day just to try and make real money.

Reactions: Dad
Tell them if you don't get the spot that I'll drive by your job and rev REAL LOUD at 3AM until they do!

I can give you address' :rotfl:

Good Luck!
#36GangGang

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Thank you! I'll let you guys know if I get it

You guys in the auto industry deserve it. I’ve got a friend who’s a Service Advisor that started off as a Lube Tech and he’s told me all about how y’all have to just work at full speed all day just to try and make real money.

Especially working off book time, getting paid 0.5 for "multi point" inspections all day long is awful. I worked at a BMW dealer a looong time ago and worked pretty close with the techs and learned all about how techs will get screwed on stuff all the time. Get paid an hour to diag a noise only for the customer to not want to fix whatever it is and hopefully you haven't gotten too far in to the car with tearing things down cause you're putting that thing back together for free

When I'm finding a girlfriend
-When I'm moving
-Can you fix my laptop/mobile device
-Do I do anything besides watch Anime and eat Instant Ramen
-Why are you so thin
married for a good solid 2-3 years (sometimes even still) we got asked "when are you having kids?".
honda ... don't sweat it. Just like booty said, some people just never give up on that type of stuff. If you decide to get married, the next line of questions that never seem to end deals with how soon you'll be having kids and so on. Don't let it get to you. Do what makes you happy.

Back