Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

beat...

spent the day putting additional hvac returns in to balance the system and tried to hang a door. HVAC work was a success, the door works at least?

I think I'm over Milwaukee cordless tools. I bought a 1/4 impact wrench a while ago. The o ring on the anvil broke like 2 weeks after getting it making putting sockets on it's pretty difficult with just the retainer clip. It's been making noise as well.
That whole situation with the 3/8 ratchet beings lost for almost a year. The 1/2 stubby impact wrench I bought used but never used, light stopped working. I find all their tools over priced.

Bought that rigid mid torque 1/2 impact and it's been great. Has lifetime warranty when registered on the site. Cost under $200 with battery and charger. Compared to the Milwaukee equivalent for like $700. Just bought a 1/4 impact driver from ridgid with battery and charger for $150.

I think I'm over Milwaukee cordless tools. I bought a 1/4 impact wrench a while ago. The o ring on the anvil broke like 2 weeks after getting it making putting sockets on it's pretty difficult with just the retainer clip. It's been making noise as well.
That whole situation with the 3/8 ratchet beings lost for almost a year. The 1/2 stubby impact wrench I bought used but never used, light stopped working. I find all their tools over priced.

Bought that rigid mid torque 1/2 impact and it's been great. Has lifetime warranty when registered on the site. Cost under $200 with battery and charger. Compared to the Milwaukee equivalent for like $700. Just bought a 1/4 impact driver from ridgid with battery and charger for $150.
They generally are better and beefier than the competition but you’re definitely paying for it. Milwaukee usually comes out on top in the Project Farm tests and AVE regularly takes the tools apart and goes over build quality. I’ve only had one tool fail so far and it actually still works. ..just smells a bit. I bought the Rigid version of Packout and it broke in a couple months. That’s comparing Apples to Oranges though.

Has anyone ever done a gas strut swap for the hood of a car?

I found some used rear tailgate struts for a Type R on the cheap and kinda thinking about making them work on the hood and getting rid of the hood prop bar thingy.

Has anyone ever done a gas strut swap for the hood of a car?

I found some used rear tailgate struts for a Type R on the cheap and kinda thinking about making them work on the hood and getting rid of the hood prop bar thingy.

i swapped out the tired old ones on my old accord, it was pretty easy. hardest part would be getting the measurement and strut length right i guess? did anyone make a kit for the FK like they did for the 8th gen?

Get out of here old man….go organize your stolen single serve ketchup packet and sugar packet drawer.
I don't steal ketchup or sugar packets. I might be frugal but I'm not that frugal :giggle:

Last edited:
i swapped out the tired old ones on my old accord, it was pretty easy. hardest part would be getting the measurement and strut length right i guess? did anyone make a kit for the FK like they did for the 8th gen?
I did some research last night and they do make a kit for $130. I gotta look back at the used struts for the scrappers website and see what kind of hardware comes with the used struts.

If it’s not the cold that stops the power then it’s the heat.

Texas is SOL….

blackout-texas-freeze-feature-2.jpg

Back