Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

View attachment 65850

Check out this quote to move across the country. :face-puke:
View attachment 65852
Is that quote for them to pack it and move it, or just the moving? If you’re willing to pack it, I know a few people who moved cross country with abf freight. They drop off the trailer portion of a semi and let you pack it. A couple days later they pick it up and drive it to your destination. You pay for whatever amount of room you use in the semi.

https://www.upack.com/moving-companies

Is that quote for them to pack it and move it, or just the moving? If you’re willing to pack it, I know a few people who moved cross country with abf freight. They drop off the trailer portion of a semi and let you pack it. A couple days later they pick it up and drive it to your destination. You pay for whatever amount of room you use in the semi.

https://www.upack.com/moving-companies
I've looked at everything. Uhaul truck is like 8k and wouldn't fit my whole family in the front. So paying for fuel on a car and a truck not gonna work.

I've looked into what you posted and it's probably gonna be the cheapest option. Still like 5 or 6 k. Also might have to drive three cars there. Shipping mine is going to be another 2 or 3 k or about $700 in gass. Not the most ideal situation. Also have to figure out how to ship my tool box.

moving cross county isnt cheap, I've done pods and I've done full pack and move. The extra bits can add up when you try to do the cheaper option and after experiencing the convenience of the pack and move I'd definitely do it again.

All told cost wise I think they were about even and not even considering the convenience factor.

I don't understand the pack and move thing. These people come into your house and pack your stuff into boxes for you???

I don't understand the pack and move thing. These people come into your house and pack your stuff into boxes for you???
exactly that, when i moved Houston to Philly the crew showed up with the moving truck, 5 man team, and they went room by room wrapping boxing and labeling everything. Little awkward cause theres literally nothing for you to do but sit and occupy yourself, till eventually they need to pack whatever you're sitting on. They showed up around 8:30a, took a break for lunch, and had my 3br house and garage packed and on the truck by 4p.

There are some things they wont take due to hazardous materials restrictions, but having them pack everything lumped in higher levels of insurance on breakage or loss vs me packing myself.

When I moved in Philly a couple years ago i hired the same company but boxed everything up for them. They had my 3 story townhouse emptied in about 2 hours, everything in my new house in even less time. Pro movers are just way more efficient than any of us could be, mostly cause they don't get distracted by nostalgia going through everything.

exactly that, when i moved Houston to Philly the crew showed up with the moving truck, 5 man team, and they went room by room wrapping boxing and labeling everything. Little awkward cause theres literally nothing for you to do but sit and occupy yourself, till eventually they need to pack whatever you're sitting on. They showed up around 8:30a, took a break for lunch, and had my 3br house and garage packed and on the truck by 4p.

There are some things they wont take due to hazardous materials restrictions, but having them pack everything lumped in higher levels of insurance on breakage or loss vs me packing myself.

When I moved in Philly a couple years ago i hired the same company but boxed everything up for them. They had my 3 story townhouse emptied in about 2 hours, everything in my new house in even less time. Pro movers are just way more efficient than any of us could be, mostly cause they don't get distracted by nostalgia going through everything.
we're going to have to pack ourselves because we're going to purge a lot of things to make the load lighter. that would be super weird to watch strangers pack my entire house. lol.

we're going to have to pack ourselves because we're going to purge a lot of things to make the load lighter. that would be super weird to watch strangers pack my entire house. lol.
I guess it's not a common thing for Canadian's but I know quite a bit of friends that went that route.

For a Monday laugh, I'll share my recent car wash experience.

So I was at the local power wash joint, and it's got machines that only take 50 cents to start. Because of this low price, the entirety of the tri-county area descends upon this place at all hours. I just wanted to get the rain grime off of my car, so I brought a couple of bucks and rinsed it off. I pull up to the vacuums afterward to dry off, and I'm next to three kinda grimy and sweaty looking dudes cleaning out a Ford Fusion or something. The car was full of rags and plastic sheets for some reason, and they were throwing a lot of it out. It was windy, so when I set my towel down to check my phone messages, it blew off of my trunk and onto the pavement. I went to pick it up, and bruh...

I looked up to see one of the dudes fishing around in the back seat of the car while bent over, AND HIS PANTS HAD FALLEN COMPLETELY OFF HIS BEHIND.

I'm talking two BIG fully-exposed-to-the-wind cheeks were staring right at me!

Even worse-- after feeling an obvious breeze, dude pulls his pants back up and exposes the most dirty, skidded tighty-tealies ('cause they weren't white) I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Man, I literally just left afterward, I let the rest of the car air dry and touched the wheels up at home :rotfl:

Back