Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I know in NC in some areas as long as you don't have a check engine light on you are go to go also you can't have more than 1 readiness codes meaning you have to trick the system if you are running catless.

Thanks for the information, me and the wife have thought about taking a trip to the Dragon for a vacation when it warms up. A friend of mine wants to go in on one of the cabins so me and him can take our cars to Dragon while the wife and kids can go hiking and stuff.

Of course cabins are available all over the place. Our group of 8 was very happy with a cabin from property manager Watershed: https://www.watershedcabins.com.

The touristy Dragon is down to 30-35mph (ridiculous when speeds can hit 60ish) and is heavily patrolled. Famous 9thCivic savant (@Nix) was punished severely after being wrongly accused of competitive racing -- since his stock 8thGen LX was obviously a formidable weapon. Still, the Dragon is a MUST-do.

In terms of where to stay, you might consider the Bryson City area near one of our favorites (the Moonshiner) and other great runs -- many posted at 50/55mph so even spurts to 75 means you're still within 25mph of the limit, which is often significant in terms of penalties. And the other roads aren't nearly as patrolled.

Keep us posted!

____
Thanks Web... been happy with BitDefender but their VPN fees are too high. Any recommendations for a free or low cost VPN?
pia gets a lot of praise online. They’ve been involved in lawsuits where they couldn’t provide user logs. The only negative would be they’re based in the US.

How’s express vpn?

they are at least outside the US if that is a bonus

ExpressVPN doesn’t keep any traffic logs or monitor user activity. It does keep connection logs including the date of the connection (not the time) and the server used. The total amount of data transferred per user is also monitored. ExpressVPN doesn’t log your IP address, but the connection logs are tied to the user account. However, since you could sign up to ExpressVPN without handing over any PII (using Bitcoin and a burner email), this doesn’t mean the logs can be linked to an individual.

Note that ExpressVPN defines the term “connection logs” slightly differently to how we have defined it above, and according to their definition (which doesn’t include datestamps or amount of data transferred), they don’t keep any connection logs. Those discrepancies aside, the important thing here is that the company maintains no logs of any data that could be used to identify an individual user.

A recent case saw Turkish authorities seize an ExpressVPN server as part of an investigation. However, they found no useful information, a fact that serves to back up the company’s no-log claims.

pia gets a lot of praise online. They’ve been involved in lawsuits where they couldn’t provide user logs. The only negative would be they’re based in the US.

_________unless you have some type of inside connection from a shop that would give you a pass sticker.
________
Pretty bad here in California. If they catch somebody doing an "inside job" the shop is at a huge risk of being shut down completely. In fact, the DMV has a direct link to every smog terminal. Seems impossible to beat. And I've heard the fine is $10,000, first offense.

Yet these same cars -- especially ones that keep their cats -- are impressively clean, as are most Hondas. Changing out the DP and exhaust does little in the way of additional pollution, if any.

they are at least outside the US if that is a bonus

ExpressVPN doesn’t keep any traffic logs or monitor user activity. It does keep connection logs including the date of the connection (not the time) and the server used. The total amount of data transferred per user is also monitored. ExpressVPN doesn’t log your IP address, but the connection logs are tied to the user account. However, since you could sign up to ExpressVPN without handing over any PII (using Bitcoin and a burner email), this doesn’t mean the logs can be linked to an individual.

Note that ExpressVPN defines the term “connection logs” slightly differently to how we have defined it above, and according to their definition (which doesn’t include datestamps or amount of data transferred), they don’t keep any connection logs. Those discrepancies aside, the important thing here is that the company maintains no logs of any data that could be used to identify an individual user.

A recent case saw Turkish authorities seize an ExpressVPN server as part of an investigation. However, they found no useful information, a fact that serves to back up the company’s no-log claims.

is that suppose to make me feel better? Lol. I’ve had them for a little over a year now. I guess something is better then nothing.

Well I guess it’s not great in the sense they’re clearly knowing users through account logs. Those logs would be tied to a payment method. So if you really wanted to be more anonymous, you’d want to pay with bitcoin or like a disposable/prepaid cc.

________
Pretty bad here in California. If they catch somebody doing an "inside job" the shop is at a huge risk of being shut down completely. In fact, the DMV has a direct link to every smog terminal. Seems impossible to beat. And I've heard the fine is $10,000, first offense.

Yet these same cars -- especially ones that keep their cats -- are impressively clean, as are most Hondas. Changing out the DP and exhaust does little in the way of additional pollution, if any.
A few years back I heard of people getting passed by knowing the right people, but that wasn’t in California. I know it was a big deal with the shops record, so it wasn’t like the owner was doing it. It was random employees figuring out a way to do it I guess.

Nice write-up on the K24 and common problems associated with the VTC gear and exhaust cam caused by insufficient oil changes. Info includes mods for an increase to 300hp at the flywheel. Engine is said to be built for 180,000 miles with modest repairs like a new timing chain at 120,000.

http://mywikimotors.com/honda-k24a-k24z/

Back