Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Does the intake run right above the exhaust on those things? Am I seeing that right?
Edit: I have to put after I posted this I read what you put right above the pic you posted. That's pretty intense they put the intake right there.

I've never seen anyone run an exhaust blanket on an intake. I think the gains would be minimal at best but it could help with heat soak. I'm pretty sure wrap is for controlling radiant heat so I would think once u drive the car for a while you could trap heat in your intake if it starts to get hot. But then again if your only driving short periods of time it could work. This is thinking out loud after a couple beers. Looks cool thats for sure.
Yeah, intake pipe right after the airbox(no pictured in second pic) runs above the turbo, then winds down next to the cat before going into the intercooler.

Not sure why the flipped it around on the turbo motors when comparing it to the old n/a K motors.

Yeah, intake pipe right after the airbox(no pictured in second pic) runs above the turbo, then winds down next to the cat before going into the intercooler.

Not sure why the flipped it around on the turbo motors when comparing it to the old n/a K motors.
cost and efficiency is always the answer. probably something to do with shorter charge piping too. if the piping is longer the turbo takes longer to spool.

Everyone is busy today
Yeah.. Sorry about that.

Got to work early since I had a meeting/demo from 10a-12p at the main office. Then was catching up on things after then got a haircut and went to Costco.

I had to go to the DMV for work today. About 2 hours of waiting in line outside to do 20 mins of paperwork.

I found out I'm in the middle of like four of them. Also, their preparation time was too long for me to go during lunch, so I gotta wait. :(

Back