Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

That's cool. I have a friend that got a vasectomy in his 20s.

I'd like to get one of those. Still worries me that there is a small chance of still having a kid.

I mean... if that were to happen, then maybe my plans could change. However, I don't see that anywhere in my immediate future.

Put your foot down and tell that fine woman that you don't want any! lol

Just gotta find yourself them women that don't want kids like Booty and I! :tongue:

Exactly! :thumbsup:

For a bit my wife wanted a kid so she could have someone to take care of her/us when she/we are older. I told her that is not a reason to have a kid and she understands but at the time she was taking care of her dad and she felt that if she wasn't there for her dad then no one would be. Her mom is still alive and could have done it or they could have (and did) hired an aid/help.

For a bit my wife wanted a kid so she could have someone to take care of her/us when she/we are older. I told her that is not a reason to have a kid and she understands but at the time she was taking care of her dad and she felt that if she wasn't there for her dad then no one would be. Her mom is still alive and could have done it or they could have (and did) hired an aid/help.
but her mom will have no one other than your wife. id rather have children around when im older than not. theres pros and cons for both. one thing i hate about having kids is having to keep them alive and keep them alive longer than me. i would ( im sure anyone would ) have a very hard time if one of my kids got very sick. its one of the main reasons why i dont want a third.

but her mom will have no one other than your wife. id rather have children around when im older than not. theres pros and cons for both. one thing i hate about having kids is having to keep them alive and keep them alive longer than me. i would ( im sure anyone would ) have a very hard time if one of my kids got very sick. its one of the main reasons why i dont want a third.

...I don't think I'm a responsible enough caretaker for kids. I take care of my parents somewhat, but they're functioning adults, and haven't gotten to the point where they need frequent care. Kids require seemingly constant attention to keep them from finding new and creative ways to hurt themselves.

My boss jabs at me from time to time for being an only child-- he labels it 'Child Abuse' since I won't have any other siblings around to help as my parents age. Truthfully, by the time my parents pass, I won't have much family left. I'm at the end of my paternal family tree by myself-- If I choose not to marry or have children, my family ends. Siblings can and often do choose to offload their responsibilities onto one person; A personal example is the debacle involving my Grandmother on my mom's side. We spent so much time planning her funeral alone while my uncle and aunt just sat by and had breakdowns about her passing. It just became a point of contention later how little help they were. By the time she passed, we were the only ones even visiting her regularly.

...Don't get me wrong, having potential help is nice, and being alone by default isn't a desirable option-- but just having a greater pool of people doesn't always mean that you'll have a good support system later on. :(

...I don't think I'm a responsible enough caretaker for kids. I take care of my parents somewhat, but they're functioning adults, and haven't gotten to the point where they need frequent care. Kids require seemingly constant attention to keep them from finding new and creative ways to hurt themselves.

My boss jabs at me from time to time for being an only child-- he labels it 'Child Abuse' since I won't have any other siblings around to help as my parents age. Truthfully, by the time my parents pass, I won't have much family left. I'm at the end of my paternal family tree by myself-- If I choose not to marry or have children, my family ends. Siblings can and often do choose to offload their responsibilities onto one person; A personal example is the debacle involving my Grandmother on my mom's side. We spent so much time planning her funeral alone while my uncle and aunt just sat by and had breakdowns about her passing. It just became a point of contention later how little help they were. By the time she passed, we were the only ones even visiting her regularly.

...Don't get me wrong, having potential help is nice, and being alone by default isn't a desirable option-- but just having a greater pool of people doesn't always mean that you'll have a good support system later on. :(
Lots of the same reasonings as me. I can barely take care of myself. What would I look like trying to take care of a child?? :tongue:

I'm my mom's only child. I have a half brother from my dad so he'll probably be the one who steps up there, but I'll be the one who takes care of my mom when the time comes.

Having someone there to take care of you in old age is one of the only reasons I'd want to have kids, but just like you said, that's no guarantee that they'll be there to fulfill the task either.

There is also a scenario where a parent only wants to be taken care of by one of the two(however many) children. Which adds a whole other dimension to the “I want children for them to take care of me later”. This adds stress to all parties when the time comes.

It’s made worse when that time comes at an earlier time in life than expected.

When my dad diagnosed with ALS in 2019 we all had to step in and help but my dad and brother had a shaky relationship. So that made things worse in the end. Didn’t help my dad was super stubborn too.

Wife and I are on the, if it happens, it happens, but lean towards not having kids. We are on the older side also and are enjoying the life we have now and in the immediate future.

This is true, @Nomar06 -- I've seen that happen with one of my friends, where it seems like he's the favored person to take care of his folks.

I saw the new hatch -- and I can safely say I think that will be my next Civic. It looks like it'll come with a manual version, too. It reminds me of the old Accord Wagon a bit-- and I love it!

This is true, @Nomar06 -- I've seen that happen with one of my friends, where it seems like he's the favored person to take care of his folks.

I saw the new hatch -- and I can safely say I think that will be my next Civic. It looks like it'll come with a manual version, too. It reminds me of the old Accord Wagon a bit-- and I love it!
i was a little concerned with some renderings of it, but i gotta say that i like it too. i think i said this before but the 11th gen is like the first time i havent had to let a design grow on me. the 10 gen hatch was ugly at first. then i bought one.

So what you're saying is -- if I buy these, and take them to Dad, I'll make 100 dollars?

...They didn't teach us math at the Art College, so sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

Aboslutely! Lets make it happen

Went and looked at them. The faces have scratches all over. The one rim is super bent. Guy kept saying they're 500 new but there 250 new. I passed.

That sounds like a real shady operation

I'd like to get one of those. Still worries me that there is a small chance of still having a kid.

Put your foot down and tell that fine woman that you don't want any! lol

Nothing is 100% other than not having sex.. so, just don't have sex :rotfl:

Having kids of my own has been wonderful. Of course everyone will have different experiences!

That doesn't go without saying that I would be in the same boat of having an awesome 9th gen if I didn't have kids, but I have time for that later in life when my daughters are both out of the house

Back