Nice to be aboard.

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
I discovered this forum after many weeks of trying related names to the car I just bought a couple of weeks ago, I spent a lot of time looking over all the 35-40 mpg cars, and what they had to offer, and this is what I wanted in the end. I did get the automatic and really like driving it, I can run in the eco on drive, and when needed I just put it in drive 3 to make it act normal........... A little history, I've always had straight sticks(even drove semi's OTR for 5 years), so having an auto trans is a different game for me.
So far I have had no problems with it. For those that don't check profiles, It's a 2012 silver EX Coupe, I leased it(I've always bought them in the past, and will see how it goes since I have the option to buy later if I want).
If anyone knows the untold good or bad behind leasing, feel free to chime right in.

The only other forum I'm attached to is my MC forum, and that has spoiled me due to the fact it has a great bunch of ppl and about 80 of us meet up to ride the Dragon in NC for a week every year and surounding roads in the area.

The Jeep YJ ('94) I just traded in was a good one and never gave me any trouble, but I was living in Denver at the time I bought it, and I didn't get AIR since it isn't needed there, but it sure is needed here.

Well, enough from me for now, I'll take some pic's later and post them. I have made any changes from stock, except for the steering wheel I mod'ed(I'll take a pic of that too).

:wavey:

What is the MC forum? You should join us at the Dragon in Sept.!
Here's a link to the MC forum http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/

I was looking though your Dragon meet thread, looks like a nice place and right on my fav road, although it looks like I may be too late to get a discount on the room rates, Our MC group meets in the middle of May and usually cost about $55/60 and With slitting the room with someone(usually a guy from Canada) it comes out pretty cheap. We've been meeting in Franklin at the Microtel and has about eight or so places to eat within walking distance.

I'll give it some thought, and thx for asking.

3meg upload. The site software will shrink it down if it's past the users screen resolution. It'll say "click to enlarge" based on the users screen.

Not sure what a 3meg (bites?) is but I have a pic that is 3264x2448 ....... and I tryed loading it, but it was rejected....... That's where I am now......

3 megabytes, or you can upload anything into tinypic.com (or other image host). Then when it uploads there, click the bottom option: "Direct Link for Layouts". Copy that url down

then, in the reply area, -- click this button
upload.png

paste the url into the popup box. It'll load any sized image that way.

looking good. There are a handful of bike owners here as well.

Well... I managed to figure out how to resize and post these pic's(we can thank "WEBBY" , I know I do). I added my V-TEC Honda MC to the car pic's for peeps that didn't know Honda made one. (When I had a BMW MC (some)ppl would say they didn't know BMW made mc, and of course I'd say I didn't know they made cars till I passed one.(actually BMW started with aircraft then MC's , then cars). Also Honda MC's has a 1200cc dual clutch with no clutch lever as well.

Anyway, my steering wheel mod is a mix of a light weight slip-on cover with a rubber backing, and after installing there was nothing to hold the edges tight to the wheel, so I wrapped it with a light tensile strength black cord, then re-wrapped with 550 cord(same used for parachutes) tensile strength, to give me something with a little more textured feel which is just something I like(kind of like wearing driving gloves without having to actually wearing them).

The orange cloth hangs over the tray on purpose, as that is where my leg rest a lot(I wear shorts endlessly). I have ordered some L-plates frames that will take about a week to get here(front will refect the Navy, while the rear will do the same for Viet Nam vet). The coupe is stock, has the rubber boot tray, and some mud guards installed along with the side molding to help the wee ppl(mental) from buggering my door. OH..... the abs works great I touched a deer a couple days ago (right rear leg), I could hear it hit but no damage, marks, nada. I got it wooed down where the deer walked away. We sure don't want to hurt Bambi now do we. I've had ACL knee repair so I know how it feels.

So far the best I've done with the mpg is 35, which I think is doing real well since I've be doing a lot of un-conservative testing to see which gear/stage/etc. works best in the "need it now" mode.

Got the phone set up for voice commands, which is a pretty big deal for me, it's been the only time I've actually liked talking on the phone at all. Everyone says it's clear as a bell, and it is for me as well. I wouldn't even turn my phone on for weeks at a time(I can't understand you...... can you hear me, etc.). Anyway I'm really liking my coupe, it has plenty of power for a 4 banger, just as good or better than some of my other 4's. I know it hard to take in if you're a big(er) block fan, but I love the smaller lighter 4's myself.

dentrecords
what was your honda bike - 2 bikes back? Not the 1000rr or whatever... but the gray/silver one prior?

dentrecords
what was your honda bike - 2 bikes back? Not the 1000rr or whatever... but the gray/silver one prior?
I'm not sure where you're getting you info, But I have had two other Silver/gray mc's, one was a BMW(02) and a Victory I tryed for abot a year and a half, but couldn't get into it(cruiser type, kept scrapping parts everytime I made a turn).
Not sure you were talking to me or dentracords

sorry, I was talking to dentrecords. If you type the @ symbol followed by a members name, it'll give them an alert in their profile to check out a thread.

example - Monk

dentrecords made like a 16hr bike ride to the dragon quite a few times (from Canada). I can't remember what his previous bike was.

sorry, I was talking to dentrecords. If you type the @ symbol followed by a members name, it'll give them an alert in their profile to check out a thread.

example - Monk

dentrecords made like a 16hr bike ride to the dragon quite a few times (from Canada). I can't remember what his previous bike was.
Good trick to know..... The guy I been sharing a room with at the TOTD meet is from Canada as well,A. He got an "Iron butt" for doing 1000m in under 24 hours.

I did 900 miles in a day once. That was more than enough for me. My butt is anything but iron, and fortunately the bike seat is well padded.

Back