Not my first civic...

Engine mount bracket inserts. Some wise guy put the wrong bolts. Not strong enough and 2 short. Man I'm at aww. Ima pick up the factory bolts today. If I'm lucky I can retap it hopefully. If not then the only thing besides get a new block is to repair it with helicoils. I really don't want to swap out a blocks internals....

What do u guys think?

image.jpeg

U can see how stripped the inserts are. :banghead:

You could try retapping to see if you have any luck, helicoils are an option, or you can always drill and tap to the next size up bolt. Also it may just be the angle of the photo but is the block starting to crack at the bottom of the top left bolt hole?

Man yeah. I don't think you'd be able to tap that and have it be secure. You should be able to use a helicoil though.

You could try retapping to see if you have any luck, helicoils are an option, or you can always drill and tap to the next size up bolt. Also it may just be the angle of the photo but is the block starting to crack at the bottom of the top left bolt hole?

I was taking a nap. U made me jump out of my bed. It's just the angle.

So I just went and talked to my buddy who builds off road toys and he's convinced me to give it to him. He's gonna fit bigger bolts and drill out the bracket for them to fit. I think that's the best idea cause upon further looking the top 2 threads start about a 1/2 inch past the block surface. The bottom is about a 1/4 inch but the threads look done. Looks like the top 2 bolts weren't stock ones as the bottom one is still intact and not snapped. Ima disassemble the engine and take it to my buddy. I'll keep u guys updated.

I was taking a nap. U made me jump out of my bed. It's just the angle.

So I just went and talked to my buddy who builds off road toys and he's convinced me to give it to him. He's gonna fit bigger bolts and drill out the bracket for them to fit. I think that's the best idea cause upon further looking the top 2 threads start about a 1/2 inch past the block surface. The bottom is about a 1/4 inch but the threads look done. Looks like the top 2 bolts weren't stock ones as the bottom one is still intact and not snapped. Ima disassemble the engine and take it to my buddy. I'll keep u guys updated.
Time for some sandwich baggies and a sharpie.

My boy came through. Also had him cut my cam gear cover. Ordered a gates timing belt and trying to decide what cam gears I want. But most likely I'll ball out and get some toda's.

image.jpg image.jpg

Also have a moroso oil pan I'm gonna put on just in case I boost down the road.

Didn't expect to get the engine back this fast. Gotta get to cleaning.

man that's a lot better. He did that with a tap??

Yes.

Not going to run a lower timing belt cover?

Yes I am. Just ordered a new lower cover and new water pump. He got a ton of shavings down there Soi guess that's why so he removed it. Gives me an excuse to pull the crank pulley and give myself more excuses as to why I need new parts since the crank pulley is off.

Thanks brah. last thing on the check off list besides fluids is new axles. Setting a goal to get her running by next weekend. Only thing I'm really super extremely word about is the tranny. :ohnoes:

Thanks man. I love that wrench. Best $80 I've ever spent!!!! Wish my expensive husky air hose held up like that wrench though.

I've "repaired" my pvc one prob 3 times now. It tends to crack at the ends and I have to keep making it shorter and shorter.

Back